CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dancing Queen, Young & Free

IMG_7621

IMG_7627aAs usual, Autumn didn’t get the memo that it was a Saturday and that she could sleep in.  She was up at 7:30 just like usual.  I put some cartoons on for her and just laid there with my eyes closed while listening to her play.  Michael called to say hi and that he was picking up a friend at the airport.  I am beyond thrilled for him and hope everything goes great.  Anyways, Autumn & I watched cartoons and then Mom called to tell us to get ready for the day so we could go out to lunch.  Autumn decided she wanted to wear this dress today, which was fine by me b/c I think it’s so stinkin’ cute.  She wanted me to do her hair, so I tried one of the hairstyles from Adopt A Do.  She thought she was HOT STUFF and while I got ready she danced around the bathroom.  Spinning was her favorite.

IMG_7635She said, “I be wight back, Mama.  She disappeared and came back w/ the bouquet of fake flowers we have on the kitchen table and danced around w/ those as if they were her wedding bouquet.  I love that she’s such a little princess.

IMG_7640

IMG_7643 After I got dressed and cleaned up, I was putting on my deodorant and perfume and guess who also wanted some?  Luckily she hasn’t caught on (yet) to the fact that I put the cap back on.  At least I know she’ll have good hygiene when she’s a tween.

IMG_7645 Mom came and picked us up and we went to the clinic.  Her and Nick had to get their blood drawn for their annual physical.  Nick was less than thrilled about it b/c he HATES needles.  But Josh did a good job and Nick didn’t even cry.

IMG_7647 Then it was Mom’s turn and he freaked me out by taking it out of her wrist instead in the crook of her arm.  I thought it was interesting that his tattoo says, “But for the grace of God.”  That’s probably what Nick was thinking when he was getting his blood drawn.  But, Mom’s a champ and didn’t even flinch when he said he had to get more blood out of her other arm.

IMG_7648

IMG_7650 Autumn was getting restless and wanted to go find the candy drawer and get a juice box from the fridge.  Then we went to take pictures of the cool aliens they have painted on the walls.  We liked this earthling pod 3 since that’s how old Autumn is.  Then we had to get a picture next to this alien that they painted to look like Papa (w/ the glasses and suspenders and bald head).

IMG_7656 B/c Mom had her blood drawn from both wrists, she had Barbie band-aids on each wrist.  Autumn saw that and wanted some too, so she got matching Barbie band-aids on each wrist.  I said, “Oh, great.  Now people are going to think that I am hanging out with a pair of wrist cutters!”  Notice that big pink flower ring Autumn is wearing. It’s mine, but she found it this morning when we were getting ready and wanted to wear it even though it was way too big on her.

IMG_7657 After getting their blood drawn, Mom & Nick were hungry b/c they had to fast before getting their blood drawn.  So, we went to Olive Garden for their $8.99 all you can eat pasta.  We were happy to see that Nick M. was working there when we got there.

IMG_7658 Their salad & breadsticks are so good.  Mom & I got the new creamy Portobello mushroom sauce and it was HEAVENLY!  Even better than the salad and breadsticks, if that’s possible.

IMG_7659 Autumn was really good and ate well and was going to dip a piece of her chicken tenders into the ketchup when my flower ring slipped off her finger and fell right into the cup of ketchup!  Whoops.  Nick was nice and took it to the bathroom to wash it off.

Mom dropped us off at home and then Autumn & I headed out for some shopping.  We stopped at Sam Moon’s since we were close to it anyways and I got a few pairs of earrings.  The place was PACKED since it was a Saturday, but Autumn was very well behaved.  A few ladies stopped me and said she was so cute and asked me how I did her hair and where I got her dress from.

IMG_7660She had found this big and gaudy bracelet that she insisted on wearing around the store, and since it kept her happy and quiet I let her wear it.  When we went to check out, I looked to see how much it was and it was $7!  I was not about to pay that much money for a bracelet she (or I) were ever going to wear.  As we were checking out, there was some lipstick up near the counter and it was only $3 so I told her she could get that instead of the bracelet since she could only have ONE thing, and she was all for trading out the bracelet for the “whipstick.”  We paid for our stuff and went out to the car where she immediately asked for me to open her whipstick so she could put some on.  I gave it to her and she put it on and then about 30 seconds later she said, “Mama this is burning my lips.  It hurts.”  I took it back and looked at it closely and noticed that it was PLUMPING lipstick!  Whoops!  Poor Autumn had gotten a little bit on her cheek and on the outside of her lips, so that part was red.  Luckily it went away after about 20 minutes.

After Sam Moons, we went to IKEA which is why we had driven out that way anyways.  I had gotten their catalog in the mail last week and wanted to get a few things that were a great bargain.  The picture above are some of the things I got.  A duvet for $9, a duvet cover for $9, another duvet cover for $15, two pillows for 99 cents each (just for decoration on the bed), and a laptop stand for my lap for $2.50.  I was thrilled with my deals I found, but I forgot how much I dislike that store!  I always start in the wrong spot (downstairs) and then hate waiting in line to take the elevator up or downstairs w/ my cart.  So then I had to drag Autumn upstairs for the one item I needed up there and then go back downstairs and wind around through the whole downstairs that I had just walked through 15 minutes earlier just to get to the checkout.  Then at checkout I didn’t have a cart, I just had a yellow bag and had to leave it at checkout and carry everything I bought while trying to keep track of Autumn.  I was so annoyed and frustrated by the time we left.  That’s why I only go to IKEA about once every three years.

IMG_7661 We got home and Autumn was WIPED OUT!  We had been on the run all day and when she finally sat down and held still for a few minutes the tiredness finally caught up to her.  Dad was so thrilled that she would cuddle up next to him.  He misses having a little baby to cuddle on his chest, so this is the second best thing.

IMG_7663 Liz had called earlier today and said she wanted Autumn & I to go to dinner w/ her and Liberty.  They weren’t sure where they wanted to go but ended up picking Olive Garden, and I was more than happy to eat there twice in one day b/c that mushroom sauce was so incredible.  I can’t even put into words how much I love & appreciate L&L.  Liz had sad news…she miscarried on Wednesday.  My heart broke for her & Lib, but they had a good attitude about it.

IMG_7664 Liz ordered this pumpkin cheesecake and it was FABULOUS!  I ordered one to take home and enjoy.  It’s cheaper (and better in my opinion) than Cheesecake Factory’s.  It’s like heaven in a to go box!

IMG_7667 Towards the end of dinner, Autumn kept saying she wanted to get up and dance and spin.  I told her we could when we went outside but not in the restaurant b/c it was too crowded.  So, as soon as we got outside she asked Liz if she would dance and spin around with her.

IMG_7665 That’s a true friend…someone that loves and plays with your child just like you would.  Liz looked so cute in her cardigan and shirt and skirt.  I just love her so much!  I’m thankful that Heavenly Father has always blessed me with such wonderful friends in my life.  It was the perfect way to end a lovely day.  Autumn & I came home and enjoyed some of our cheesecake and then curled up on the couch in our jammies and watched Sword in the Stone (her pick) and Hercules (my pick).

3 comments:

Ash said...

So. Dang. Cute. Love the dress, love the hair, love her.

Krista said...

Liz and Liberty will be in my thoughts and prayers. I feel like I know them so well through your blog. Miscarriages are so painful physically and emotionally, even spiritually. Sometimes it's hard when Heavenly Father doesn't send His children to those who desire them and would love them so fully. She's going to need your support. I had a good attitude about it when it happened, but I feel like it's gotten harder in the months (and years!) afterward. Please tell her to feel free to email me - kristafrederico at gmail - if she ever wants a sympathetic ear.

You're so wonderful, Lisa Marie! Autumn is the CUTEST little button ever. I miss you dearly and I love your blog more than I can say! It's a great tie to you, your wonderful family, and so many people and places at home that I love and miss.

Lots of love to you!

p.s. I haven't blogged in forever, but when I do, you and Lexi will definitely be added to the blog list!!

LEXIE GUYMON said...

LOVE the dress and Autumn's cute hair! Tell Liz that I am praying for her to have the comfort she needs. LOVE YA!!!