CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day & Vogue

First of all, does anyone know why some of my pictures where it is dark have weird yellow dots? Is that b/c my resolution is too much or is it a Blogger issue? How do I fix it?

IMG_9281 This morning got a surprise when she woke up to find an Army guy standing in her room. It was just Papa coming to pick up Nick so they could go to the temple. But, he was wearing his Army BDU’s b/c today is Veteran’s Day and for the lesson in seminary they talked about the freedoms and liberties we enjoy. I adore this picture b/c it’s not often we get to see Dad in his BDU’s anymore and this tough military guy is putty in the hands of little Miss Autumn Bottom and the word on the wall above them says love.

I love my Dad.
I love that he served in the military.
I love that he is so good to Autumn & I.
I love that he taught us to be patriotic and always appreciate the great sacrifice that our servicemen and women give so we can enjoy the freedoms that we have.
I love that I am an American and am a member of this great nation.
I love that I have had the opportunity to travel and appreciate the good that other nations and peoples have to offer.
I love and admire and respect all the men (especially my Dad & brother & cousins) and women who are willing to lay (or have laid) their lives on the line to protect and defend America.

IMG_7447(See what I mean with the yellow dots on Dad's dark suit?)

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!!!

IMG_3335 Work was slow today, which was nice b/c it gave me a chance to work on typing up Mom’s recipes in between answering the phone. That cookbook has kind of consumed most of my evenings (that’s why I don’t have a post for Wednesday b/c I did nothing but work on the cookbook). Mom called before I left work and said not to come over b/c her and Dad were going to go see a movie. We have no food in our house, so I took Autumn to McDonald’s b/c I had coupon for a free Happy Meal w/ the purchase of a Value Meal. Score! It was raining like crazy tonight and there were a bunch of kids at McDonald’s and Autumn had a blast running around and playing with them.

We ended up being there for 2 hours! She just played while I watched, and waved to her every once in a while. Right before we were getting ready to go, a lady sitting at the table by me started up a conversation. She seemed like my type of person and we just seemed to hit it off. I have been praying lately for some missionary opportunities and after I left, it occurred to me that she might have been someone I could have befriended and shared the Gospel with. I am kicking myself for not exchanging numbers so our kids could play together (she has kids Autumn’s age and a little older). Plus, it would have been nice to have a new fun friend for me. I wish we could have started our conversation earlier so we could have talked for longer instead of just a few minutes. Oh, well. Next time!

IMG_3338

IMG_3351 Mom called and said to come over b/c she had some clothes for Autumn. There is a new consignment store that opened near us and Mom went there today to check it out and found some great deals. For example, this super soft Carter’s set was only $3.50!!! That’s unheard of to get a shirt and pants for $3.50. The pants are a little bit big, but that’s good so Autumn can grow into them. I can’t believe she’s only 3 1/2 and already wearing size 6 clothes! She’s going to be an Amazon woman like her Mama. She was having a blast giving us a fashion show and getting her Vogue on.

IMG_3342

IMG_3343 This red ruffely shirt was her 2nd favorite thing. She put it on and refused to take it off the rest of the night. She loved twirling around in it so she could see the ruffles flare out. Plus it has sparklies at the top so it was love at first site.

IMG_3347 The piece de resistance though, was saved for last…this satiny pink Princess jacket.

IMG_3345

IMG_3340 I know you can’t see her face in any of these pictures, but she wouldn’t look at me b/c she was too excited to jump up and down and show Papa how pretty she looked. Her hair is so long and pretty in the picture on the left (although it looks awfully blonde in that picture and her hair is more of light brown...must have been the flash). I always do her hair cute in the morning for school. But, as soon as we get home she wants to take her hair out so she can brush it. Then she wears it down for the rest of the night and sometimes looks like a rag-a-muffin.

IMG_3348 This is the first shirt that she tried on, but quickly took off so she could wear her red ruffely dress. I made the mistake on Monday of telling her Andrew was coming to visit this week. Every single day she has asked if he’s at Papa & Mimi’s house yet. It’s so hard to explain the concept of time to kids b/c “4 more days” means nothing to her. I even tried telling her “4 more sleeps,” which is how Bubzy & Justy & Jewelsy used to keep track of when things would be. So, it was nice that tonight I could tell her that she could see Drew tomorrow, b/c she understands what tomorrow means.

2 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Cute pictures! For some reason I can no longer read the writing on your posts, just see the pics. Weird. Am I the only one who has this problem? Maybe it's my computer!

The Watson's said...

Your blog looks fine to me. Do you upload your blog somewhere else then post it here? The reason I ask is because I am trying to see what yellow dots you are talking about and your blog does not enlarge your images once they are clicked on. They open a new window, but the picture remains the same small size. Anyway, if that is the same for everyone then I don't see any dots whatsoever.