CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

S’Mores Anyone?

Nothing much happened yesterday. I don’t know why, but I was in a really blah mood. Mom made rouladin for dinner (they were SO GOOD), so we ate those and then Autumn played w/ Andrew for a while and I was exhausted and was starting to get a headache, so we came home and both went to bed at 9:00. I got 10 1/2 hours of sleep and it was GREAT!

IMG_0196 Mom called me around lunch time today and said that Andrew really wanted to go to McDonald’s, but they told him he had to wait until tonight when Autumn could come too. So, they went and got Autumn around 5:00 and we all met at McDonald’s for dinner. The kids had a blast running around the play area w/ a bunch of other kids.

IMG_0197 Lex & Mom. Dad joined us a few minutes later b/c he had been at one of the clinics helping during the beginning rush.

IMG_0198 After eating, we decided to go over to the big fire and roast marshmallows. We got there, and a group of teenagers were making some sort of video, so we just sat and watched and waited until they were done.

IMG_0200 Dad busted out his wire hanger and it worked so much better than the little improvisational stick we used last time. We could actually get the marshmallow near/in the fire this time.

IMG_0202

IMG_0203There were 4 of these deep over sized chairs and Autumn tried sitting in the same one Andrew was in, and as you can see from the expression on his face (in the picture on the left), he was not very happy about it. But, they eventually decided to share and just sat back and relaxed like they didn’t have a care in the world (which they don’t). Andrew saw me get out the camera and kept covering up his face.

IMG_0207 We roasted marshmallows and handed a bunch out when people would walk by. Then we decided we needed to make S’mores instead so Dad & the kids went and got chocolate and graham crackers. We made a bunch and handed them out. Most people didn’t want them when we offered, but we pushed a few people to take them b/c there was no way we could eat them all.

IMG_0209 It was a lot of fun and a few people walked by and were happy to take our S’mores when we offered them. They said it was such a fun idea. Autumn had fun dancing around in front of the fire. She kept walking up to strangers and offering them some marshmallows. I’m glad she’s not shy, but I also have to keep an eye on her to make sure no one runs off with her.

IMG_0210 We walked past this sign and I thought it was very fitting, “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” We had a great time making S’mores and sharing them.

IMG_0213 The kids had fun sliding down this big bull, but only w/ Papa’s help.

IMG_0217 Hmmm…that’s strange. This horse has two blue legs??? What happened there? I hardly noticed b/c of the two cute kids in the picture.

IMG_0221 We had a race up the stairs. I think Andrew won.

IMG_0222 I don’t think the kids have any clue how lucky they are to have such a wonderful Papa. He does so many fun things with them. It was 63 degrees tonight & that’s why the kids aren’t wearing jackets. I feel bad for people in Utah and back east that are getting pounded by snow. It’s great that we get to walk around w/out jackets on.

IMG_0223 We went to Mom & Dad’s to let the kids play for a little bit. They did, but then they started fighting over the slide again, so we had to hide it in the other room. Mom got them both a little container of Bugles (I haven’t had those in forever) and they went in Lexie’s room to watch Dora for a little bit.

IMG_0225 Finally at 9:00, I was able to tear Autumn away from the TV so I could take her home and put her to bed. We came home to find this plate of goodies on the counter from our other home teacher (Bro. Maggart had to have sinus surgery). I feel so bad, b/c they were going to come by on Sunday at 7:00, but I feel asleep at Mom & Dad’s and completely forgot. Then they tried coming by tonight, but I didn’t know they were going to and we were out roasting marshmallows. That was so sweet & thoughtful of them to do!

ssm I stayed up until 11:30 trying out my new Shark Steam Mop that I got for Christmas. I LOVE it already and know I will use it, b/c I HATE mopping and having to get out a bucket of water and then trying not to spill the water. Plus, the first time you rinse out your traditional mop in the water, you’re mopping w/ dirty water after that. YUCK! Anyways, this thing is more like vacuuming (which I love) and since most of my house is tile, this is going to be great and I actually might clean my floors at least once a month.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why is your house all tagged in my stolen and rehomed chihuahua chip number.. I am very certain joe and amy terrible bought house from you.. if so then my sister amy has my dog. I have a chihuahua my mother stolen and rehomed from me last year of may 2015 named suzie q. www.facebook.com/suzieQresq/