CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cookies & Visiting Teaching

Wednesday I got a lot done at work.  The phones were actually really busy and when I wasn’t busy answering the phone, I was able to put the finishing touches on turning my blog into a book via Blurb.  I had so many posts in 2009 that I had to split it up and do January – June and then July – December.  I went through and did a final proof and then submitted it to be printed.  I used the gift certificate I won from Lee Lou blogs to get 2 copies printed off (one for me and one to give to Autumn when she’s grown up and moves out on her own).

IMG_1548 After work, Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s house to have dinner and hang out.  We watched Survivor and then stopped at the store to get some groceries so I could make cookies.  We came home and I put Autumn to bed and did some laundry while I made cookies.  I made a half batch of Steve’s Out Of This World cookies and a whole batch of Soft Snickerdoodles.  I made them for tomorrow, to take to the ladies Karri & I visit teach.  While I was baking them, I watched a movie I had rented at Red Box.  It was called You Again w/ Kristen Bell & Jamie Lee Curtis.  It had the potential to be really cute, but I thought it was just OK.  It was 12:30 before I went to bed, but it was nice to have a quiet house to myself while Autumn was asleep.

Today at work I finalized the editing on my blog book for 2009 Part 2 and got that submitted online.  I used the rest of my gift certificate and then only had to pay $52 on top of that.  It’s great that I got 4 books for only $52.  It’s definitely not a cheap investment, but it’s WAY cheaper than printing off each picture individually and all the stuff to scrapbook the pictures and do the journaling.  It’s worth every single penny to me.

I was using the computer when all of a sudden the electricity in the building went off at 4:00.  I waited 10 minutes to see if it would come back on, but it didn’t, so I called my boss to let him know what had happened and he told me to just go ahead and leave and go home since there was nothing I could do w/ out the computer.  I went and got Autumn from day care and we were able to get a few “to do’s” crossed off my list.  One of those was to give Lexie & Jon back their clear on the go internet thing that got broken so they can return it.  I also got Autumn & Andrew signed up for swimming lessons again this summer and went and delivered the form and check to the lady that teaches the classes.

IMG_3731 We went over to Mom & Dad’s and Mom had made a roast and asparagus for dinner.  It was so good.  I missed Modern Family last night, so we watched that and I literally laughed out loud quite a few times.  It’s such a funny show.  Autumn wanted to go outside and play in the sand for a little bit, so we did.  Autumn & I rushed back home so Nick could watch her at 7:30 while I went visiting teaching w/ Karri.  One of our ladies wasn’t home, so we just left the cookies on her door step w/ our info.  The second lady was home and we had a WONDERFUL visit w/ her.  I didn’t give her the regular visiting teaching message from this month, but I wrote out a thought on a cute card and gave that to her.  It’s one of my favorite quotes that has helped me a lot.  I could really feel the Spirit when she read it out loud.

“Because you are so valuable some of your trials may be severe.  You need never be discouraged or afraid.  The way through difficulties has always been prepared for you, and you will find it if you exercise faith.”

Karri dropped me off at 9:00 and I put Autumn Bottom to bed.  She is so funny and wanted me to carry her in my arms and gently lay her in her bed b/c she was pretending to be Sleeping Beauty.  I was happy to play along and carry her to her bed.  I was going to stay up and watch TV, but I was tired from being up so late last night, so I didn’t even turn on the TV and instead went right to sleep.

No comments: