CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Working Gal

IMG_3691This morning I woke up and got ready for the day and then put on a movie for Autumn and left her w/ Nick so I could go work at the Home Show.  Dad came over and got them both and took them out to a farm in the country to get some sheep manure to put out in the garden.  They spent most of the morning out there fertilizing the garden and then planting veggies.

They stopped by the Home Show I was at and brought us some folding chairs, b/c my back was KILLING me from standing all morning.  I had brought some mini candy bars to hand out to people as they walked by to try and get them to look at our bathroom display we had.  Autumn saw the candy and of course had to have some.  She kept on chewing it and then showing it to me.  Gross!  But, it was so good to have her there for a little bit.

IMG_3692We were next to some really cool booths that did landscaping.  This was one of my favorite water features.  We were lucky to have a lot of nice people in the booths around us.  One guy went and bought some vanilla & sugar coated almonds and shared them w/ all us vendors by him, which was really nice.

There was a lot of traffic at this show, which was good.  We only got a few appointments set, but that’s ok b/c we handed out a lot of flyers.  I finally left at 5:45 (the show went until 7:00) and called Mom to see what everyone was doing.  She said she didn’t want to make dinner tonight b/c she had been gone all day at her quilting class.  So, she said she would call in an order to Papa John’s and told me to go pick it up in 30 minutes.  I stopped by Ross really quick to kill some time and found some really cute shirts and a new dress for Autumn.

IMG_3694I stopped and got the pizza and when I got it home and we opened the box, we all freaked out at how much  pepperoni there was on this pizza.  There was like 3 layers of it!  You can’t really tell in this picture, but it was crazy.  We all relaxed for a while from a long hard day.  I could barely keep my eyes open, so we came home and went to bed at 9:30.  Autumn wanted to sleep in my room, and I didn’t put up much of a fight of trying to get her to sleep in her room b/c I was so tired.  I laid down in bed and had my back turned to her and in the dark I heard her sweet little voice say, “Hey, Mama.  Turn over and speak to me.”

It made me laugh and even though I was really tired and wanted to sleep, I just had to turn over and talk to her for a little while.  She has been saying some funny things lately that catch me off guard and make me laugh.

No comments: