CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Fun

IMG_1480This morning, we got to wake up to a special treat.  Dad stopped by on his way home from seminary to bring us doughnuts.  He even brought my favorite kind…the sour cream cake kind.  While I got ready, he helped Autumn get dressed and most importantly, helped her get her socks on.  She is SOOOO particular about how they go on and they have to be just right or she won’t wear them.  He’s such a cute Papa to get down on the floor and help her.

Today Liz stopped by my work b/c she got off at noon and she wanted to see where I worked.  She found my office and we ran to lunch at the Greek place.  She tried a gyro for the first time and wasn’t too sure she liked the meat since she didn’t know if it was beef or lamb, but seemed to like the tzatziki sauce.  Unfortunately we didn’t get to sit and talk for a long time b/c some new sales people from out of town were coming by the office and I had to get back to let them in.  A guy named Clint and his wife got there right about the time Liz & I got back, so I showed Clint what I knew and then my boss showed him the rest while I sat and talked to Clint’s wife.  I usually HATE having to make small talk, but she was super nice and we just hit it off and talked about all sorts of things from jewelry to divorce to motherhood.  Anyways, I left work at 4:00 b/c we had a Home Show going on, but the nice thing is that it was 5 minutes from my house.  I stopped by there to see how things were going and then left at 5:30 to go get Autumn.

Autumn’s teacher said that they had cucumbers for their afternoon snack and Autumn said, “I’m not sure if I like that.”  But, she still tried one and said, “Mmmm!  That tastes yummy in my tummy.”  She then proceeded to eat the whole amount of cucumbers for the whole class!  I guess her classmates didn’t want to eat their cucumbers, so Autumn ate their cucumbers for them!  I’m so glad she likes veggies so much. 

We went over to Mom & Dad’s and they had Chinese food for dinner.  Aunt Sandy was commenting about how lucky we are that Autumn isn’t a picky eater and that she eats so well.  The only thing I can think of that she wouldn’t eat was Spaghetti-o’s when she was little.  Anyways, we played for a little bit but then came home around 9:30 b/c I have to work at the Home Show tomorrow.  We came home and she wanted to watch a movie, so we put on Annie and watched that until midnight.  I used to watch that movie at least 3 times every single day when I was about 3 years old.  So, it was kind of fun to watch that movie w/ Autumn and hope that she’ll love it as much I do.  There’s such great singing, dancing, and one liners.

No comments: