CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Crappy Croup

Autumn woke up at 1:30 crying and I knew this wasn’t just her normal cry.  She sounded hoarse and sounded like she was having a hard time breathing.  She also had a barking type cough.  It freaked me out and I was about to call Dad but I gave her a breathing treatment and stayed awake for an hour just to make sure she was breathing normally once she fell back to sleep.  When I woke up, I called Dad and asked him if he could come look at her before he went to church.  He came over and looked at her and said she has croup.  We are so spoiled and lucky that we can get free house calls from a doctor.

I got up and called one of the ladies in the Primary presidency to let her know I was going to come to Church just to teach my class for the 2nd hour and then leave during the 3rd hour.  She said that was fine b/c my class is old enough to sit by themselves in Primary during the 3rd hour.  I didn’t want her to think I had just slept in due to the time change.  My class was kind of hyper today and kept talking and would keep going off topic.  I think they were just excited that they don’t have school this week b/c of Spring Break.  Luckily I had brought copies of a word find and matching game that went along w/ the lesson and they spent the last 15 minutes of class working on that.

I came home and we had lunch, and I worked on my blog while Autumn played w/ her dolls.

IMG_1689 After a while, we left to go over to Mom & Dad’s house.  We drive past these GORGEOUS purple blossomed trees everyday, so today we stopped to get a picture.  The colors in this picture just don’t do them justice, b/c they are so vibrant and pretty.

IMG_1691 The tree in Mr. Jim’s yard is full of pink blossoms and makes me so happy.

IMG_1694 Luckily Autumn started feeling better and wanted us to go outside w/ her to pretend like the patio table was a race track.  She & Dad & I had to each take a car and hold it while we ran around the table.

IMG_1695 After we all got tired of that, Autumn wanted to go over to the lot so we had to put on shoes.  She has Dad use one of his wooden tongue depressors as a shoe horn to help her get her shoes on.  Don’t worry, Dad doesn’t reuse them on sick kids after he sticks them in Autumn’s stinky shoes.

IMG_1697 We took Autumn’s Princess ball over w/ us and she had a blast kicking it back and forth to Papa & me.  We had to remind her all the time not to use her hands and just use her feet.

IMG_1704Our neighbors that have this picturesque scene in their front yard came over to talk to Dad about his new car.  While they were talking, Autumn walked up and down this empty rock creek bed and had fun climbing on the big rocks and jumping off of them.  The yellow daffodils look so pretty amongst the statues of kids playing.

We came home and spent the rest of the evening just relaxing and watching TV.  I LOVE Undercover Millionaire and it makes me cry every single time.  It’s so good and uplifting.  We came home and I put Autumn to bed and then watched Army Wives in bed.  It was a good weekend other than Autumn being sick and I hope she keeps getting better and that the medicine Dad gave us for her croup will work well.

No comments: