CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sad News

Tonight I was blogging and trying to upload the video of Autumn singing in her tent so I could post it, but it kept timing out and saying something was wrong.  I restarted my laptop a few times and all of a sudden my desktop background came up looking weird and it said I had a virus and this thing called System Tools just started scanning my computer and saying I had all of these viruses!  It finished running and said to remove the viruses it would be $80.  I didn’t want to spend that much money, so I used Mom’s computer and looked up some things on the internet and System Tools isn’t a virus detector…it’s an actual virus!  I called Rocky to see what I should do since he’s the most technological person I know and he said to download AVG’s free Anti-Virus software.  I tried, but couldn’t get on the internet b/c System Tools kept blocking the internet and making my laptop run super slow.

While this was going on, we were watching American Idol for the first hour while we recorded Biggest Loser and then flipped over to Biggest Loser so we could fast forward though the commercials.  I was SO DISAPPOINTED in the red team tonight for voting Arthur out.  Especially since there are 4 LDS members on the red team and they didn’t do the right thing, in my opinion.  I was really happy to see that Arthur has done so well at home, though.

I was going to mess w/ my laptop more, but realized it was already 9:15 and I needed to get little bug home to bed.  I am so sad about my laptop and hope it can be easily fixed b/c I don’t want to pay $200 to take it to Geek Squad to have them  look at it.  I’ll have to do some more research on the internet tomorrow to see if I can fix it myself.

One other bit of sad news, other than my laptop, is that Autumn is no longer going to wear earrings.  Her right ear is always infected even though I keep it clean and put medicine on it.  I have tried plastic earring posts, hypo-allergenic posts, etc, but nothing has helped.  At one point the skin was trying to grow over the back of the earring post.  I’ve even tried keeping her earrings out for a few days and putting them back in.  But, the time has come that I have to take them out and leave them out so her ear can heal.  Maybe we’ll get them pierced again when she’s older to see if her sensitive skin can handle earrings then.  I hope so, b/c I don’t have sensitive skin when it comes to earrings but Lexie & Mom do.  So, we shall see.

1 comment:

tara said...

Autumn might need 14 K gold earrings.
My daughter and I can only wear real gold earrings or what happens to Autumn happens to us. You cane get some really cheap at Walmart.
Also, before I put my daughters earrings in I dip the post in Neosporin. It helps with keeping infection away Nd helps the earring go in easier. Try that before you give up.