CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Doughnut Friday

IMG_2499 Today was the last time that Dad is going to bring Autumn doughnuts for a long time.  Seminary won’t be over for a few more weeks, but Mom & Dad will be in China for 3 weeks so no more Friday morning doughnuts.  My favorite doughnut is the old fashioned sour cream kind, so Dad always brings one of those for me.  But lately that’s the kind Autumn likes, too, so he brings one for her too.

IMG_2501 Papa was teasing her that he was going to eat her doughnut so they both took a bite at the same time.  That place on the side of Dad’s head where they took out the cancerous cells has been oozy and gross.  Poor guy!  He is so good to us and spoils us rotten and we are sure going to miss him and Mom while they are gone.

P1020482 I wore grubby clothes to work today b/c we were packing up our office so we can move into our new office tomorrow.  It was so stinkin’ hot and humid and even rained a few times.  I was out in the warehouse helping pack and one of the guys went in my office and started packing up my files that I need!  So, I ran in there and saved what I could from being put in a box.  We finished up around 4:00, so I got to go home early b/c I couldn’t do any work w/ no computer or phones or files.  I went and got Autumn and we went to Mom & Dad’s house.  Mom had gone and gotten her nails done and found this cute dress for Autumn at the kids consignment store and it was 30% off.  Autumn looks so stinkin’ cute in it and put it on right away and wore it the rest of the night.  She kept spinning around in it and saying how she was a pretty princess.

P1020486 It rained on and off all afternoon and evening, and right before the sun set, Autumn was looking out the window and yelled that there was a rainbow, so we went outside to see.  It was faint, but it was there and she was so happy that she was the one who found it.

P1020487I walked around to the front of the house to see if there was a rainbow over there, too, but instead I saw this.  This picture is SOOC w/ no Photoshop or editing done at all.  The sky really did look like this and made me wonder if the end of the world was coming today instead of on Saturday night like some people think.

P1020496Autumn wanted to ride around on her scooter, but I made her stay under the patio b/c there were still a few flashes of lightning and since her scooter is metal I didn’t want her getting struck.  Notice the color of the sky behind her..again, no Photoshop done to the sky at all.  That’s really the color that it was.  We spent the rest of the evening watching TV and just hanging out.  I worked on my Project Life at the kitchen table in between playing with Autumn.  We finally called it a night at 10:30 and went and slept in Nate’s room.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I can relate to this. My father-in-law brings donuts home every Fri. from seminary too. AND my favorite are the old fashion ones too! It was a love/hate relationship I had with those Friday donuts when we lived there=)