CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 7, 2011

New Things

IMG_2479 This morning I woke up and realized I got to sleep in until 8:30 while Lexie & Dad watched Autumn for me and Dad made waffles.  It was wonderful to get that little bit of extra rest.  The kids played in the back room for a while and Lexie & I checked emails and blogs.  Then Lexie had a hankerin’ for watermelon and went and got the bowl and a few forks.  The kids came in to see what we were doing and wanted in on the good watermelon action.  It was funny that we were all sticking our forks in the bowl and eating the watermelon.  It was gone in about 10 minutes.  At least it was a good and healthy treat.

P1020334 We watched From Prada To Nada, which was one of the movies that I rented at Redbox.  It was cute but as Lexie put it, it was just a “one time watch” meaning that we watched it once and will probably never watch it again.  I realized 1/2 way through the movie that it was just a modern take on Sense & Sensibility.  The kids stayed occupied by playing a game on Mom & Dad’s new iPad.

P1020338 The kids were tired of being cooped up inside, so we went outside and blew bubbles.  Then they wanted to play w/ sidewalk chalk, so we went out on the driveway so they could draw.  It was really hot so I got out the hose and tried to get them to run under the water while I held it up and made a bridge, but they only did it a few times and didn’t want to do that anymore.

While we were out there, we saw a truck come up the driveway and it was the delivery guys who were dropping off Mom & Dad’s new dining room table and chairs that they got from the Amish Company.  It is gorgeous wood and the chairs don’t look very comfortable but they definitely are.  They follow the curvature of your back and feel like they’re hugging you.

P1020339 After they left, the kids went back to playing so Lexie & I watched the last movie I had rented.  It was my My Own Love Song (with Renee Zellweger and Forest Whitaker).  It had potential to be good but ended up being totally random and weird and incredibly slow.  That is one I will never watch again and definitely won’t recommend to anyone.  The kids went and found Mimi and she was downloading some free apps on the iPad.  One of them was this coloring thing for the kids.  We had to make sure they took turns, but they had a great time and thought it was so cool.

P1020347 Lexie & I ran to WalMart so I could return the DVDs and we could get a new DVD player.  The one in Mom & Dad’s room broke and wouldn’t play DVDs.  Mom also called while we were there and had us pick up a few things she needed.  Lexie & I had a good time walking around WalMart together.  I love spending “sister time” together.  We got home and ate dinner and noticed poor Dad’s eye.  Not only do his stitches look bad but the fluid and swelling is now making his eyelid over his left eye droop.

P1020348I just had to show some goodies that I got for crazy cheap.  I got 4 pairs of pants and 4 long sleeved shirts in a size 7 for Autumn to wear this fall/winter for just $3 each!  Then I found some cute baby girl & boy clothes for just $1 each!  ONE DOLLAR!!!  You can’t beat that.  I got a few sets to give as baby gifts if I ever need to go to a baby shower.  I love finding good deals.

P1020349Mom made a treat for all of us.  I don’t know why it’s so bright in this picture, but it was fresh cut up strawberries in a little honey and cream.  They were HEAVENLY!  I ate my treat while blogging.  It was getting late and Autumn was up late last night and we have church in the morning, so we came home and went to bed.

No comments: