CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Food & Fun

DSCN0301 This morning we were woken up to Dad brining us doughnuts.  Autumn is so spoiled b/c she gets hand fed doughnuts in bed on Fridays.  I’m glad that Dad was able to take some home to Drew and let him experience Friday morning doughnuts.

IMG_2475 Autumn insisted on wearing her hair down today w/ no bows.  She also looked pretty stylish in her new $1 sunglasses.  Such a fashionista.

DSCN0303 I am so glad that Lexie caught this on camera…Mom playing w/ Andrew at the park.  I can’t remember the last time Mom went to the park, so she must be feeling back to her old self again.  Plus she’s looking like a skinny minny.

P1020331 After work/school, I went and got Autumn and we went over to Mom & Dad’s.  Autumn ran off to play w/ Andrew and I helped Mom & Lexie get dinner ready.  We tried the skillet corn recipe that Amanda posted on her blog and Mom added a splash (1/4 c) of heavy cream at the end and it was divine!  I cut up a watermelon (Mom said she can’t do it b/c it’s too tempting to eat and she’s not supposed to have watermelon b/c of her diabetes).  It was so good that I was just eating it straight out of the bowl w/ my fork.

DSCN0313 After dinner, the kids wanted to go outside and enjoy the nice weather and run around.  We blew bubbles for a while and they giggled and laughed and had the best time chasing after the bubbles.  I had to stop after a while b/c I got light headed.  The kids said they were hot, so I started splashing water on them when they would run by.  They thought that was a fun game and kept asking me to splash them over and over.  They were getting so wet that they asked if they could take off their wet clothes and just run around in their underwear.

Since we were at Papa & Mimi’s I told them sure.  They were having the time of their lives running back and forth and asking me to splash them.  The water was cold and the wind started picking up and pretty soon they started to shiver and their lips started to turn blue.

P1020332We took them inside and got them warm and dried and dressed.  They went in the back room to play.  Curt stopped by to see if we were having a party b/c he could hear the kids’ squeals of joy from across the street.  We just sat and watched some Dateline thing about a guy that found his wife dead in the bathtub but her hair wasn’t wet and he had 3 different trials.  After that, Lexie & I went to WalMart to pick up 3 movies I rented on Redbox. 

I had a hankerin’ for cheddar peppers and as we were walking in a guy was walking out and Lexie said loudly, “Excuse me, can I get some cheddar peppers?”  He thought Lexie was talking to him (but she wasn’t) and he gave us a funny look.  Once we got in the store, we busted up laughing b/c we weren’t talking to him but he thought we were.  Then as we were waiting to get our DVDs b/c these ladies were taking FOREVER, a guy walked past and was wearing the tightest skinny jeans I have ever seen.  Lexie & I were laughing so hard once he was out of ear shot.

We came home and watched the end of the Dateline thing and then put the kids to bed at 10:00.  Once they were asleep, Lexie & Nick & I watched the King’s Speech.  It was a good movie with a good message, but was kind of slow.  We finally went to bed at 12:15.  It was fun to spend some time w/ Lexie & Nick.

No comments: