CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Shady Looking Treats & Hearthbreak

P1030080 Last night I had a hankerin’ to make this recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Cups that I saw on Amanda’s blog.  I didn’t have enough butter for the frosting(I used it all for the cookies) so I had to use margarine and it was too soft and didn’t set up right.  Plus, I added food coloring to make it look purple but instead it looked like gray goop.  But, they were so good and the guys at work scarfed them down.

9-11 2(Image from here)

After work/college, Autumn & I stopped at WalMart to get a loaf of french bread to make into garlic bread to go along w/ the frozen lasagna that Dad had put in the oven.  We ate and then Nick & I watched Inside 9/11 on National Geographic.  When they showed the 2nd airplane hitting the 2nd tower, I got goosebumps all over my body and tears just started streaming down my face.  Same thing as when the towers collapsed.  I can’t believe it’s been 10 years since that happened.  It still just makes my heart sick to see those images.

The thing that stuck out the most to me was when they showed footage from a camera man that was in the deserted plaza between the towers.  There was music playing just like it did every normal day, but it wasn’t a normal day and the music made everything seem so eerie.  Then he talked about how he started hearing thuds.  He wondered what on Earth it could be and was shocked and appalled when he realized it was from people jumping and hitting the ground!  I started crying during that part again, b/c I can’t even imagine what it must have been like to know that your only options were to burn to death or jump and fall to your death.

My heart just breaks and aches for those that lost loved ones or were there and had to live through it.  Amongst all the ugly and horrible things there were some great stories of heroism and courage.  Those are what I will be focusing on and remembering on the 10 year anniversary of 9/11.

Anyways, after that was over Autumn & I came home and I gave her a bath and then put her hair in 6 braids so that when it dries overnight and we take it out in the morning, she will have crimped looking hair.  I put her to bed and watched some TV before calling it a night myself.

No comments: