CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Letters, A Scrapple Story & Autumn’s Loose Tooth

IMG_0011 Since I got my new iPhone, I figured I could just use my phone to take pics instead of having to carry around a point & shoot camera.  However, there was a GORGEOUS sunset tonight and I couldn’t capture it on my iPhone camera.  Then I had Dad take this pic of Mom & I working on the Christmas letters.  But, as you can see the picture turned out too dark & grainy.  So, I am going to start carrying my camera again so I don’t miss picture opportunities & then I’ll just use my iPhone camera as a last resort.

It was fun to sit and do Christmas letters w/ Mom while we got caught up on recorded episodes of Survivor & Modern Family.  I especially liked getting to see the names of family & friends that I haven’t seen in a while.

That prompted me to call Aunt Carol (Grandpa Johnson’s sister) to ask her about the tradition of scrapple on Christmas morning.  She said she doesn’t know where us only eating it on Christmas morning came from, but she gave me some GREAT history that I didn’t know.

She said it came from her Mother’s grandma, Susan Boyack who came over from Scotland after her husband died.  She moved to Spanish Fork and opened a boarding house to support herself.  Aunt Carol remembers her Mom making scrapple in an old enamel pan w/ green edging.  So, it’s nice to know a little bit more of the history of where scrapple came from.

IMG_0012 I had read on someone’s blog that this Hand-Spun Peppermint Chocolate Chip Milkshake from Chick-fil-a is super good.  So, Autumn & I decided to try it on our way home.  Do yourself a favor and go get one!  If you don’t live near a Chick-fil-a, let me know and I’ll go enjoy one for you!  Tee hee hee.

IMG_0014-1 Autumn Bottom is going to be losing her first tooth any day now!  You can see the big permanent tooth coming in behind it.  After finishing the Christmas cards, Autumn & I came home so I could put her to bed and then I worked on putting all my pictures in my PLife binder.  I haven’t printed pictures since early September, so since Mom was printing her Christmas cards, I decided to print my pictures too so we could both get a discount for printing so many pictures.  Luckily I organize my pictures into a folder on a daily basis so it was super easy to just select and print them.

It feels so good to be all caught up when just a few days ago I was more than 2 months behind in both pics & journaling.  I’ll share a post in the near future on how I got caught up so fast.

No comments: