CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Young Women’s Wednesday

IMG_0001 Today at work, one of the other franchise owners said she wanted to go to lunch, so we went together.  We went to this restaurant that has over 90 types of sandwiches!  It’s overwhelming to try and pick what to order b/c there are so many choices.  I was surprised when we went to order & she said she was treating today.  I wasn’t planning on that at all, but she insisted.  That was so nice of her.  The sandwich I got was really good, but I still prefer the pannins at Market Street b/c for the same price of just my sandwich today I get sweet potato fries plus a drink.

IMG_0002 After work/school Autumn & I went over to Mom & Dad’s house to have dinner.  Mom made chicken noodle soup and it was SO GOOD!  After we ate, I helped Mom order our family pictures so she can send out Christmas cards soon.  Then I had to run b/c it was my first Young Women’s (YW) mutual activity.  We had a combined activity w/ the Young Men (YM) and we split up into 4 groups and each got an envelope w/ this on the front.  Inside were 5 Random Acts of Christmas Kindness (hence the R.A.C.K) that we had to perform.  After we completed one, we could move onto the next one.  Here are the slips of paper we were given in an envelope:

#1 - Write 2 original ym/yw combined activity ideas and submit to Sister Lee.

#2  - Go find a bellringer and brighten his/her day with the M&M filled candy cane (you can find them at both entrances to WalMart as well as Target and other stores)  Umm.. you aren't off the hook yet....you also need to sing, "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" standing in front of the store with the bell ringer. :)

#3 - Go to _____________ house.  Sing Rudolph and We Wish You and give them the plate of goodies.  Don't forget to wish them a Merry Christmas.

#4 - It's time for a Snowball attack!!!  You have been given some blank snowballs that need some positive notes written on them (think Heart Attack).  This is anonymous so shhhhhh.  Go to  ________________house and secretly attack their front door with snowballs of love.  Get to writing!!!

#5 - Is it 8pm yet?  If so, you better hurry.... You have a tin full of popcorn that really wants to find a home...You are assigned to give this to___________________. Doorbell ditch anyone??

#6 - On your way back to church please stop at the hospital parking lot and stick all of the candy canes on peoples cars.

#7 - Back in the RS room there is one last act of kindness waiting for you.............oh and hot cocoa too.

Isn’t that a great idea?  We were able to perform so many RACK’s between the 4 groups.  I know it was a lot of work for Sis. Lee to put together, and I appreciate her going to all that effort.  It was nice to just be handed a bag w/ all the stuff we would need already ready to go.  I got to take 4 kids in my car and they were as nice as could be.  I was worried about making small talk w/ them since they were 12 & 13 year olds, but it was great and we had so much fun.

IMG_0003 Since I drive right past Target on my way home, I stopped really quick to get a planner for 2012.  I used to use a planner all the time, but haven’t used one in the past few years b/c my life is pretty much the same everyday.  But, now that I’m in YW I will have a lot more meetings and things to attend so I need to stay organized.  I saw this planner on the left online & it is ADORABLE and I really wanted it, but it was $9.99.  I found the one on the right for just $1, so I went with that one instead b/c it will be sufficient for what I need.

IMG_0007 I found these SUPER CUTE gift boxes at the $1 spot as well.  That place is dangerous, b/c I could spend a small fortune there.  I found some cute stuff to put in these for Autumn to give to her teachers at school.  I got 3 of the blue ones on the left to keep here at home to organize jewelry, accessories, pens, or whatever else I want.  I have such a weakness for paper, stationery, organizing containers, etc.  I could have bought a ton more, but exercised self restraint.

I came home and put Autumn to bed, and my favorite part of the day is when we do our nightly routine and I sit and talk to her before she goes to sleep.  It’s such a sweet and precious time that we get to connect w/out the hustle & bustle of everyday life.  It’s a time I cherish and look forward to.  After I put her to bed, I worked on organizing some photos & creating collages to order for my Project Life 2011 while watching Toddlers & Tiaras.  I am THRILLED that the Clementine & Cobalt editions became available today.  I am not even joking when I say I literally had amazon.com pulled up the whole day and refreshed the page every 5 minutes to see if they were available yet…I’m obsessed!

P.S. I had to mention that tonight at YW a lot of the leaders asked about Autumn & where she was.  I also ran into a family from church at Target and they also asked where Autumn was.  That makes me so happy and makes me feel so warm & fuzzy inside to know that my ward family knows who we are and that they care enough to ask about Autumn when she’s not with me.

P.P.S. I don’t have internet at home and I really needed to order Mom’s Christmas card pictures, so I went by McDonald’s to use their wifi but it was 11:45 and they close at midnight so I drove next door to Taco Bell to see if they have wifi since they are open later, but they don’t.  So, I ordered 2 chicken flatbread melts b/c I was hungry & am now parked in Mom & Dad’s driveway using their wifi and trying not to freeze.

When I was a little kid I always wondered what Mom & Dad's did after the kids fell asleep.  I always wondered if they partied and did fun stuff.  Most of the time I’m boring and just watch a TV show or do some cleaning and then go to bed.  But every once in a while I get to do something fun & unexpected.  I’m glad I get to know what it’s like to get things done after the kids are asleep and I am LOVIN’ it!

No comments: