CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Pest Control Peeps

IMG_5136Tonight was utterly fabulous.  Alison sent me a message on Facebook last week to let me know that she & Braulio & Kirra were in town visiting for Christmas and that we should get together.  I decided we should have a big reunion w/ a group of us that all used to work at the same place.  So, I sent out a message to everyone and told them to come to my house for dinner.

I made some taco soup, garlic bread, and then we just had finger snack foods.  It was a BLAST to have everyone all together again.  We got caught up on the past 4 years, and none of us could believe that it’s been that long since we all worked together.  I think that speaks a lot to the bond we have, that we were able to get together after all this time.  After we ate, we played the game “What If… Then…”  Everyone writes down a random “what if” question on a piece of paper.  Like, “what if everyone weighed 400 lbs.”  Then you put all the questions in a bowl and randomly pick out a question and write a “then” answer to it.  Next, I would read the question on my paper and the person to my right would read the answer to their question.  Most of the time it makes no sense whatsoever, which is what makes it funny.  Every once in a while, there is an answer that will actually make sense to the question asked and it is hilarious!  We laughed so much.

I can’t express in words how much fun it was to have everyone at my house.  It makes my heart and soul so happy to have a house full of people I love and care about.  I love having a house full of laughter and fun and friends and good food.  I hope people always feel welcome in my home and that they leave feeling warm & fuzzy inside.  I am blessed to be associated w/ such good people.  I didn’t realize it was already 10:00 once everyone left, so I put Autumn right to bed and put away some left over food and then vegged on the couch for a little bit.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Lisa, we had soooo much fun too! I honestly want to do it again - it made me realize how much I miss you :)

Braulio, Alison, Kirra, and Liahm said...

I second that!!!! Love ya!!!