CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sis. Mitchell & My New Bling Ring

IMG_5233 It was nice to get to sleep in on the first day of the year.  We had breakfast and then I was going to work on Project Life, but Autumn asked me to watch a movie w/ her and she definitely takes precedence.  She picked Snow White and we cozied up on the couch together w/ the Snuggie.  I like it b/c it covers me and her at the same time.  After the movie we had some lunch and got ready for church.  I don’t know why, but I kind of quit taking our usual Sunday picture together.  So, I am reinstating that for the New Year. 

DSC02232  We went to church and it was really good.  Autumn got to got to a new class and I really like her new teacher.  In Young Women’s the lesson was on being a Daughter of God and the lady teaching the lesson read us a story about how Heavenly Father loves us even if bad things happen.  As she was reading this story, my eyes started welling up w/ tears b/c the true story is about Sis. Mitchell’s Mom & Dad, and I served w/ Sis. Mitchell in Slovenija.  She was such an amazing companion and was such an example to me of love and service.  It made me cry and brought tears to my eyes.  It was such an honor to serve w/ her and I miss her so much.  Also, when I was editing pictures this one from her wedding just happened to come up on the slideshow.  It was meant to be for me to think about her today and what a blessing she is in my life.

P1040185 Anyways, after church we went over to Mom & Dad’s house for dinner.  Mom had invited Christine to come over and eat w/ us b/c her ex had the kids this weekend.  We ate a super yummy dinner and then Christine said she had to run home and get something.  She came back and had gifts for us!  I feel bad b/c I didn’t know we were going to exchange Christmas gifts and I didn’t get her anything.  She gave me this GARGANTUAN, GLORIOUS, GLITZ ring.  It’s seriously the diameter of a tennis ball and I squealed as soon as I saw it.  I LOVE it and it is SOOOOOOOOOO me!  The bigger and blingier it is, the better.

P1040188 She also brought over a whole tray of her out of this world soft caramels.  She was cutting them up and wrapping the pieces in wax paper.  I didn’t warn her I was taking a picture, so she looks kind of mad in this picture, but she wasn’t.  We watched football and then she had to go home.  I just love her so much and am so glad we’re friends.  She’s an amazing woman.

Autumn & I came home after a while so she could go to bed since she goes back to “college” tomorrow.  Since I don’t have to work tomorrow, I stayed up and worked on my mission Project Life until midnight and then went to bed so I won’t be too tired of my day off tomorrow as a FREE WOMAN!

No comments: