CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Sleepover In The Tree House

DSCN2723 This morning we got up and had a leisurely morning.  I edited the pictures from yesterday and mailed them off to our ward & stake historians so they could decide which ones they want to use in the newsletter.  Autumn had fun playing w/ Jackson while Mom & Andrew were at church.  Autumn & I had to head home and get ready for church ourselves.  Church was good and my lesson on including others went really well.

P1060575 After church, we went over to Mom & Dad’s for dinner.  I try not to take scenes like this for granted…my incredible family (minus Nate who is in Japan) gathered around the table sharing a great meal while talking and laughing and bonding and creating memories.

P1060578 I had to leave and go visiting teaching at 6:00 and then stopped by Liz’s house to drop off her birthday gift and birthday balloons that she forgot at the party on Thursday.  I had the kids get all their stuff together, and we went over to Curt & Mary’s.  A few months ago Curt had mentioned that he had cleaned out the tree house, put carpet in there, and an A/C unit.  I mentioned it would be fun to have a sleepover in the tree house and ever since then, Autumn has been talking about having one the next time Andrew came up to visit.  So, tonight was the night.  It’s always fun at Curt & Mary’s house.  The kids got to chase and feed the chickens, and swing on the swings, and just run around having fun.

P1060584 That green house up on stilts is where we spent the night.  You can see the kids standing on the bridge that connects the tree house to the rest of the tree.

P1060586 It was like a little apartment on the inside.  They had a futon, bean bags, carpet, fan, light, and electricity.  Andrew was super excited and did a happy dance.

P1060587 We changed into our PJ’s and then watched Tangled on my laptop.  I had brought popcorn, drinks, and snacks.  It was awesome and the kids were loving it.

P1060594By the time the movie was over, it was 10:00 so I had them get out their sleeping bags and lay down on the floor.  They both fell asleep pretty quick, but I didn’t.  I tossed and turned and couldn’t fall asleep b/c I had foolishly had a diet cherry coke while watching the movie.  I finally drifted off to sleep and around 11:30 I heard someone say loudly in my ear, “move it.”  I shot up out of bed, looked around, and tried not to freak out.  The kids were both asleep and no one else was in the tree house w/ us.  I worried that maybe it was the Holy Ghost trying to tell me something was wrong like maybe the A/C unit was going to explode or maybe there was carbon monoxide in the tree house.  I unplugged the laptop and turned off the fan just in case.  I checked both of the kids to make sure they were both breathing.

Every little noise made me jump and I had the hardest time sleeping.  I dozed on and off and then woke up at 2:30 am and had to use the restroom.  I used the free flashlight on my phone and walked through the yard to Curt & Mary’s house to go potty.  When I came back, I had to snap this picture of the kids curled up next to each other sharing a pillow b/c we forgot to bring more than one.  Even though I had a horrible time sleeping, it was totally worth it b/c the kids had such a great time and got to create memories.  Plus, now I have a funny story to tell that I’m sure I’ll get teased about for years to come…”move it!”

No comments: