CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Good Bye Utah & Lice Are NOT Nice

P1070423 I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could get cleaned up and pack the last few things like toiletries.  Then I put a load of towels in the washer so Jill wouldn’t have to.  I got up and got her ready so we could eat a quick bowl of cereal.  Then we left for the airport at 6:30.  I was so happy when I saw that we had a bunny on our plane.  That’s my favorite animal so that was a fun surprise.

P1070426 I had to get one last picture of the beautiful mountains as we took off.  I will miss Utah so much.  I consider it my other home b/c I spent so much time there and have so many memories there.  I will miss my family and friends the most.  It was such an incredible trip and I’m glad Autumn & I were able to go.

P1070427Autumn slept the whole flight from Provo to Denver.  We got off the plane in Denver, went the restroom, grabbed a breakfast sandwich at Quizno’s and got on our next flight.  I felt bad eating our good smelling food on the plane, but we didn’t have time to eat it in the terminal and they didn’t serve any food on our plane.  Not even peanuts!  Luckily this flight had TV’s  in the back of each headrest, so we could watch that for a little bit before they turned it off and  you had to pay $3.99 for it.

It’s such a small world, b/c the girl sitting next to us on this flight was on our previous flight.  I heard her say she was visiting a friend in Dallas, so we started talking.  Come to find out, she’s roommates w/ a girl in Mom & Dad’s ward that I know.  After we got our luggage, Mom & Dad took us to Olive Garden for lunch.  I love their soup, salad & breadsticks meal.

They dropped us off at home at 3:30 b/c Dad needed to get home to get ready for work.  I did some laundry while Autumn played w/ her dolls and then we snuggled for a minute.  She ended up falling asleep for 2 hours b/c she was so tired.  I wonder if she’s going through a growth spurt or it it’s just from partying hard this past week.

IMG_6616  At 7:00 we ran to WalMart to get a few groceries.  I also bought a lice treatment kit b/c I discovered that Autumn has lice!  I noticed on Saturday when I saw her up the canyon for pictures that she scratched her head a few times.  I thought it was probably her eczema and the dry weather.  I looked at her hair when I was snuggling her and didn’t see anything.  On Sunday when I got her from Jason’s I didn’t see anything and I didn’t see anything on Monday, but I noticed her scratching her scalp.  So, as a precaution I bought some lice shampoo and we washed her hair at Rufio’s just in case.

P1070433Well, today I saw something when she was taking her nap!  ACK!!!  So, we went over to Mom & Dad’s house so Mom could help me.  I had a horrible case once of lice when I was little, and I knew she’d know what to do.  It took us THREE hours to comb through little sections of Autumn’s hair w/ the knit comb.  Autumn was such a good girl and sat there the whole time just watching a movie and playing games on the iPad.

It was a good thing she had taken such a long nap earlier in the day b/c it was 10:30 by the time we were done and left to go home.  I’m thankful Mom was there to help me and that we switched off combing through Autumn’s hair.  I hope this fixes the problem.  I felt so bad having to tell Jason & Ashley & Aunt Jill that Autumn had lice.  I hope so much that no one else gets it b/c it’s a pain in the butt.  Hopefully this is the first and last time we have to go through this w/ Autumn.

No comments: