CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th Of July

IMG_6250 We slept in this morning until 9:00, which was GLORIOUS!  Then we packed up and headed over to Mom & Dad’s.  I had Autumn & Nick help me film a couple of segments for my Biggest Loser video and then at 12:30 we started our 4th of July party.  Liz & her family came over to swim & eat.  I provided the drinks and pasta salad, and they provided the hot dogs, chips, dip, and fruit plate.  That fruit plate was SO YUMMY!

IMG_6251 After we ate, it was time to go outside and swim.  Liz’s sister & Grandma wouldn’t get in the pool b/c they said they didn’t feel comfortable in a swimsuit.  I told them that was nonsense, b/c we don’t judge at our house…we just swim and have fun.  Plus, if I can big as I am and be in a swimsuit, they totally can.  I was THRILLED beyond what words can even express that after a while they realized it was true and took me up on my offer to borrow some swimsuits.  Here’s our fun crew (Liberty’s Mom took the picture for us).

IMG_6256 Liz’s grandma, who can’t swim, even walked across the shallow end to sit under the waterfall.  I really wish I could put into words the complete JOY that brought me.  We all swam and played and got a lot of sun.

IMG_6258Jacob was such a good boy!  We found this cute sunhat amongst all of Mom’s many extra swim clothes and towels.  He is TOO CUTE, so we had to get a bunch of pictures.  Basically, we just swam the whole afternoon and when we got hungry, we went for round 2 and 3 of food.  Everyone said they had had their fill of fun & sun around 5:00, so they packed up to head home.  I was so glad that we were able to send home 3 bags of tomatoes from the garden w/ Liz’s grandma & Liberty’s Mom.

Autumn & I relaxed and watched some TV and then went to swim lessons as usual.  None of us Mom’s in the swim group had plans for tonight, so we decided to keep swim lessons tonight instead of making them up on the 13th.  After that, Autumn was beyond exhausted from swimming all day, so we went home and she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

I figured we didn’t need to watch fireworks at our usual spot this year b/c we had watched them on Saturday.  Plus, I was not about to wake Autumn up.  It was fun to just veg on the couch and hear them going off in the distance.  I am beyond thankful for all the liberties and freedoms I am able to experience every day by living in this incredible country.  I’m also thankful for the brave men & women that put their lives on the line to protect those freedoms.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

No comments: