CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 13, 2012

Tsunami Footage Friday

P1070196Here’s the end product of what I stayed up so late doing on Tuesday.  It feels nice to have everything so organized.  That way when I get ready to put them into my Project Life pages, I’m all ready.  It was so much fun to go back and relive all those college memories.  It also made me so grateful that I’ve always taken pictures and kept ephemera and now I have a great and easy way to scrapbook it.

IMG_6377 After work, I had Lexie try and take some pictures of me to use for my headshot at the Biggest Loser open casting call next Saturday.  She couldn’t get any good ones of me b/c of the lighting, but I was able to get this cute one of her.

IMG_6383 We also got this cute one of Jackson.  I just can’t get over his big blue eyes.

P1070200When Mom got home from the grocery store, I made her and Lexie sit down w/ me and we did a little segment for my BL video.  We had dinner and watched some TV and then it was bed time.  Autumn didn’t want to go sleep by herself, so she laid down on me and slept that way.  Lexie said we needed a pic of that, even though it’s not from a flattering angle.  We were both tired and in a silly mood and were taking funny-faced pictures.  In one of the pics, she looked like Hoagy, the guy on Pete’s Dragon when they are in Passamaquoddy when he’s dressed up as an old lady.

We looked it up online (we found a pic of him here) and were laughing like crazy.  Then we looked up the clip on youtube.  After that, we noticed a clip that said, “Titanic – 1912 Original Video Footage.”  I said we had to click on that, b/c there’s no way there was original video footage of that.  I don’t know if they even had videos back then?  Anyways, that then led us to click on a clip that said, “Tsunami – Caught on Camera – P1.”  It was about the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami.  We didn’t realize it was just Part 1, and ended up staying up until midnight to see all 7 parts of it!  It was so sad to see all the destruction and devastation and I couldn’t help myself from yelling at the people on the computer screen to hurry up and run!  It wore me out just watching it, so I can’t imagine what it was like to have lived through it.

No comments: