CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Haircuts, A Dead Baby Bunny & The Kiss By Gustav Klimt

P1070209 Autumn & I had a RUDE awakening this morning when Mom & Lexie & Andrew came and woke us up by banging the gong in our ears!  We got up and had breakfast and then we went out in the garage and Mom opened up her barber shop.  First Andrew got his hair buzzed.

P1070214 Then it was Jackson’s turn.  We thought he might freak out, but as you can see from this picture he LOVED it.  We think it’s b/c Jon uses a machine that sounds like the clippers on Jackson when he’s adjusting him.  Lexie was SO SAD to see his baby locks shaved off, b/c he looks like a little boy now instead of a baby.  But either way he’s so cute.

P1070218-001 Next up was Autumn and Mimi trimmed her bangs and then cut about 6 inches off her hair!  It was really gross and scraggly on the bottom and needed to be cut.  It looks so much shorter, but it really is so long.  It still goes all the way to her waist, and it looks so much healthier.  Her face here cracks me up.

P1070221 It was so hot that after haircuts we all went and got in the pool.  We were swimming around and Mom started screaming b/c she thought she saw a squirrel swimming in the pool.  I ran and got the net b/c I didn’t know if it would bite me or had diseases.  I went to scoop it out and saw it was a baby bunny!!!

P1070225 Lexie ran and grabbed a towel to try and rub it to see if we could get the water out of its lungs and get it to breathe.  She gave it her best, but it was already dead and we couldn’t bring it back to life.  We were all SO SAD and wished we would have seen it sooner so we could have gotten to it quicker.  But none of us heard it splash or fall in.  Poor little guy!

P1070232 We eventually went back to swimming and hoped there was enough chlorine in the pool to kill any bacteria or poop or pee the bunny might have left in the water.  It was SO NICE to just kick back and relax and float around and work on my tan.  I’m so glad that Autumn is such a stronger swimmer.  I still keep a close eye on her, but don’t have her clinging to me all the time like she used to when we swim.

P1070240 After a few hours, we were hungry for lunch so we had what Andrew had requested for lunch… hot dogs and watermelon.  We also had cabbage & noodle salad b/c I had been craving it and it was SO GOOD and hit the spot!  After we ate, he was dying to open his presents.  We were going to wait and open presents once Dad & Jon got home, but decided to let him open one gift from Uncle Nick so Nick could watch him open it before he had to leave for work.  Andrew was so excited about his Batman utility belt.

P1070248 After that, we went back to swimming for a while.  After a few more hours, we had all had enough and decided to go in the house to have some quiet time.  We decided to just wash our hair and shower out on the grass.  It’s a lie that baby shampoo doesn’t stink if it gets in your eyes (which is why I have my right one closed).

P1070254 We went back inside and relaxed from the heat for a while.  Autumn wanted to have a dance party, so we cranked up the tunes and danced around.  A slow song came on, so I was showing her and Andrew how to dance.  Andrew really didn’t want to do it, but we told him if he’s Peter Parker then Autumn can be his Mary Jane and they needed to dance together.  He finally did, but as soon as the song was over he was outta there!  LOL!

P1070258 I had been looking on Pinterest and saw a pin for homemade chocolate ice cream.  They said it tasted just like a Frosty, so we decided to try it.  We haven’t used the ice cream maker in years and years, so it was fun to get it out and wash out the cobwebs and plug it in.  I have to say that I am impressed w/ the recipe, b/c it really did taste exactly like a Frosty!

P1070261 When Dad got home from work, he said he had found an article about the Special Olympics in the newspaper.  He had saved it for me to read, and I was ECSTATIC when I saw that they had used one of the pictures I took.  My name was in print in a newspaper!  I kept joking that this means I’m a professional photographer now! LOL!

P1070263 Once Jon got home, we had Andrew’s birthday dinner.  We did grilled Ollie North chicken, crab legs (yuck), corn on the cob, and strawberries.  Andrew said it was an awesome birthday dinner.

P1070285 We were cleaning up the dishes when all of a sudden we heard a huge clap of thunder and it started pouring rain.  It was the weirdest thing, b/c we hadn’t even seen that it was dark outside.  The storm lasted for about 30 minutes and then cleared out, so the kids and I went outside to check it out b/c the lighting was so weird.  This is what we saw when we looked to the west.

P1070281 And there was this cool double rainbow when we looked to the east.  We stayed outside for a while and the kids rode their bikes up and down the driveway.  But then it got really humid and I couldn’t stand the sweat anymore so we went back in the house to watch 1,000 Words w/ Eddie Murphy that we had rented from Redbox.  It was a cute movie, but not one I would buy.

klimt12-hpBy this time it was late, so we put the kids to bed and then started watching This Means War.  I went to Google something and noticed that the Google picture was one of my favorite paintings…The Kiss by Gustav Klimt.  I guess they used this today b/c it would be his 150th birthday.

P1070290Then, when we were watching the movie, I let out a little yell of excitement when they showed the painting!  So fun to see my favorite painting twice in 1 day!

No comments: