CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kitty Litter Cake Sunday

IMG_6671 This morning I set my alarm to get up early to finish my object lesson for my Young Women’s lesson on “Avoiding Degrading Media Influences.”  While planning my lesson earlier in the week I was trying to decide if I should make brownies to go along w/ the “Poop Brownie Story” but found this recipe for Kitty Litter Cake instead.  I only used 1 package of vanilla pudding instead of 2 b/c I didn’t want it to be too soggy.  It was so fun to crumble up the cake w/ my fingers and get messy.

IMG_6675I don’t have a cat but from what I’ve seen of kitty litter boxes this looks pretty realistic.  It was sad to go to church and not have Karri & her family sitting on the row in front of us.  I am going to miss them so much!  The lesson went really well and some of the girls were really hesitant to try this b/c of how gross it looked.  I used this quote from the lesson to go along w/ it….

“Do not make your mind a dumping ground for other people’s garbage.”
~Pres. Ezra Taft Benson back in 1979

We came home from church and relaxed for a while and cleaned up the house a little bit.  Then we went over to Mom & Dad’s.  Mom said church was so crazy in her ward b/c the Primary didn’t have teachers called yet so they just kept all the kids together and it was chaos.  It was weird to be home from church before them since we now meet at 11:00 and they meet at 1:00, plus they have to drive to a meeting house in another town. 

We had a yummy dinner of roast, carrots, potatoes, and manly jell-o when they all got home from church.  Bro. Monzingo came over to eat w/ us b/c it’s his birthday and Maggie is working so we didn’t want him to be alone on his special day. 

I had to eat and run b/c I had to meet up w/ some ladies at 5:30 so we could carpool to a meeting.  It was for all the Single Adults in the area to plan out the dances and activities for 2013.  We got a lot accomplished, which is always good. 

IMG_6693 I got back to Mom & Dad’s and worked on the puzzle w/ Mom & Aunt Jeri.  Then when Dad got home from work, he gave Autumn a blessing.  He always did that for us kids before we started the school year, and I was so emotional as he did the same for Autumn.  I didn’t realize how somber and serious they look in this picture until I was editing it on the computer.  It really was a neat and special experience.

We came home and got ready for tomorrow by making sure Autumn’s backpack was all set, laid out her outfit of choice, and went over her lunch meal code again.  I thought she would be up all night b/c of being excited, but she went right to sleep and slept soundly.  I couldn’t help but peek in on her before I went to bed and think about what a big milestone tomorrow is for her.  I was very emotional all day today at church as she sat on my lap or colored.  Hopefully I got all of that out of my system so I’m not a basket case tomorrow when I drop her off.

No comments: