CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Meet The Teacher Night

P1070654 I got to leave work at 3:00 today so I could go pick up Autumn & we could go over to her new school.  They had a meeting at 3:30 w/ all the Kindergarten parents to go over some information.  Then we got to go to Autumn’s new classroom.  She was so happy to see her name at a spot on the table.  They had a cute paper for the kids to color and trace letters on while us parents filled out a few forms.

P1070655 We opted to buy the kits that were all packaged up together and Autumn couldn’t wait to open it up and look at all the fun stuff.  Then we went out in the hall and separated all of her supplies out into baskets.  I guess they just all share communal supplies.

P1070656This is her new teacher, Mrs. J.  She seems so nice and Autumn is really excited.  Autumn was so happy to see that 2 of the girls from her daycare are in her class, and a boy from church.  We finished up at the school and then ran to the store to get a few groceries and treats to take to our pizza party tonight.  The boy from church who is in Autumn’s class is now going to be in another ward, so his Mom invited Autumn & I over for dinner so that they could play together and get to know each other better.  We had salad and frozen pizza for dinner.  I love it that they are so laid back and fun.  The kids played and we sat and talked.  It was a great evening.

Then we came home at 7:30 so that my visiting teachers could come over at 8:00.  Autumn sat down on the couch in my lap and was fast asleep w/ in a few minutes.  After my visiting teacher left, Nick & I watched the show on Mormonism that they had on Rock Center tonight.  I think overall they did a really great job and got most of their facts right.

No comments: