CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 16, 2012

String Along Sunday

P1070846 Mom & Dad were so wonderful to keep Autumn for me last night.  I didn’t even wake up until 10:00 am, which is unheard of for me lately!  It was so nice to get some much needed and uninterrupted sleep.  I got dressed and took Nick w/ me over to Mom & Dad’s so we could spend time as a family before Lex & the crew had to go home.  Lexie put Jackson’s Halloween costume on him so we could all see it.  He is SO ADORABLE in his dragon costume, and they are going to dress Andrew up as a knight.  Jackson was being so sweet and cuddly, and Mom was eating it up.  This picture is too precious!

I helped Mom get lunch ready and we had spinach, broccoli, pork roast and fried potatoes.  We all ate and then had to rush off in our different directions to get to church & for Lex & Jon & the boys to get on the road.  I feel bad that I didn’t get to spend more time w/ them yesterday, but I was just so busy w/ the dance.  Oh, well.  We’ll just have to party double the next time they come up, which won’t be hard to do w/ the holidays just around the corner.

P1070849 Nick found this crushed straw hat in the back of my car and put it on.  He was pretending to be a hillbilly, and kept talking w/ a funny accent.  Autumn was laughing so hard and thought it was the funniest thing ever.  I wonder what the people in the cars next to us thought?

Autumn & I missed sacrament meeting & Sunday school and got there just in time for the final hour.  She went to her Primary class and I went to Young Women’s.  After church, I went and got her and then we stayed for a Laruel’s class presidency meeting where we planned our activities for the rest of this month and October.  Autumn was SUCH.A.GOOD.GIRL and just colored while she waited for us to be done.  I had to take 5 girls home and only had room for 4, so 2 girls squished into the front seat until we could drop one of them off.  I saw a cop a ways up the street while we were driving, so one of them had to duck down.  We were all laughing so hard.

P1070853 After we dropped them off, we went over to Papa & Mimi’s house to have dinner.  I went to print off a handout for visiting teaching on their computer and when I came back out to the living room, this is what I found.  Mom & Aunt Jeri had gotten this little contraption for Autumn to use.  It is a simple way to knit/crochet and Autumn was so proud of herself.  I was super proud of her, too!  Aunt Jeri said she picked up on it really fast and even noticed when she made a mistake and instinctively knew how to fix it w/out anyone telling her how.  Autumn has definitely inherited the craftsy/artsy talents and I’m so glad she’s getting to develop them.

I have to just say that I was SHOCKED & DISGUSTED while watching the Cowboys game.  I could not believe that the refs let Golden Tate get away w/ the INEXCUSABLE hit he delivered to Stan Lee!  You need to see the hit HERE, and see if you agree with me.  I think Tate should have been ejected from the game on the spot, suspended for a few games, and fined.  Especially since he was strutting around all proud of himself after the hit.  And then to add insult to injury, the wanna-be refs threw a flag against Dallas on that play!!!  RIDICULOUS!!!

P1070860Anyways,  I had to leave again to go visiting teaching at 6:00.  The lady that I visit teach has the most gorgeous flowers around her yard.  I had to get a picture of the rain droplets on this vibrant pink flower.  As soon as I was done visiting teaching, I had to rush over to Sis. Lee’s house for a BYD (Bishop’s Youth Discussion).  I had never been to one, but it was SO GOOD.  We talked about a lot of great things and I really like the story in Acts 19 that Bishop Atkinson shared w/ us.  The best verse was Acts 19:15.  Some “vagabond Jews” were trying to do something good by exorcising an evil spirit from a man.  However, they didn’t have the authority to do it so the evil Spirit said, “Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?”

For refreshments, we were able to use the vanilla Costco cake from the Single Adult dance.  It was a great evening, but I was so glad to get home.  This has been a non-stop weekend and I’m looking forward to some low key evenings this week to recoup.

No comments: