CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2012

The One Where Dad Plays The Piano ~ WHAT?!?!?!

P1070864 Tonight after dinner, Dad said he had a surprise for us.  Autumn of course thought he was talking about some candy or sweets.  He said we were going to have Family Home Evening and asked Autumn if she would lead the music.  Then he got up and went in the other room and sat down at the piano and started playing the top hand of “Love One Another!!!”  I was flabbergasted.  I didn’t know that he knew how to play the piano!  He said he took lessons as a kid and just hasn’t played in years.  He said he’s been practicing for the past week!  Mom came over and played the bottom hand while he played the top hand.  It was really cool!  This man that I have known my whole 32 (almost 33) years of my life never ceases to amaze and astound me w/ his talents, work ethic, and determination.

P1070867After FHE, Dad had Autumn show him how to use her little knitting tool.  Mom’s face in this picture cracks me up.  I didn’t even notice it until I uploaded the picture.  It was a great evening, and I’m thankful for my phenomenal parents.

No comments: