CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Trails, Big Tex

P1080248 Tonight for dinner we got to have a fancy dinner.  Mom found some rib eye steaks on sale, so we had that for dinner along w/ Mediterranean salad.  She & Dad spoil us rotten!  I know I say this all the time, but I am truly grateful for the fact that we sit down together around the table most nights.  I cherish this time and try to NEVER take it for granted.

P1080251 After dinner, Autumn asked if she could borrow my camera.  She wanted to take some pictures.  I was all for that, so I handed it over.  I didn’t follow her around like I wanted to, I just let her do her thing w/ out any influence or intervention from me.  I love that she took a picture of something that I would never have thought to take a picture of.  I don’t think I have a picture of the piano or what hangs above it or what pictures on it.  But, Autumn captured that.

P1080252 The scary bat made a reappearance for Halloween.

P1080250She snuck upstairs and got a picture of Aunt Tafta sewing.  I love that the shot isn’t perfect and that what you first see is the big white fan.  I would have framed it so that wasn’t in the shot, but it’s perfect b/c Autumn took it.  I love that she captured a candid moment.  I love that you can see parts of Mom’s craft room and what’s hanging on the walls.

P1080274 Mom is working on a special surprise for Christmas.  It’s not a hat for Mrs. Potts from Beauty & The Beast like you might think after seeing this picture.  That’s all I can say at this time….

P1080270 Sweet little Autumn Bottom wanted to watch a movie and she picked Pirates of the Caribbean.  She fell asleep about 2 minutes into the movie.  We turned it off and Jeri, Mom, Tafta & I sat and talked and laughed.  At one point we were laughing so hard I was worried we were going to have “tears running down our legs!”  BA HA HA!!!  Dad & Uncle Kerry went to the football game and Uncle Kerry loved being in that big new stadium.

10.19I had heard about this earlier today, and it was crazy to watch it on the evening news.  Big Tex at the Texas State Fair burned today.  I guess there was an electrical fire that started in his right boot, and he burned to his metal frame in just a few minutes.  All that was left were his hands and sleeves and steel skeleton.  They took him away all covered up w/ this tarp.  It looked like a death shroud.  He was 60 this year.  It was funny all the publicity that Big Tex got.  They even set up a Facebook page where people could leave him condolences and messages.

No comments: