CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Shrimp Boil & The Pink Ladies

P1080275 We spent the night at Mom & Dad’s last night b/c it was late by the time I was ready to leave and go home.  We slept in Nick’s old bedroom upstairs and I did not sleep very well.  His bed is too short for my tall body and the mattress is hard & Autumn and I had to share one pillow.  Anyways, we got up this morning and made omelets for breakfast.  It was so cute to watch Autumn & Uncle Kerry outside working together.  They cleaned the pool, swept the patio, wiped off the table, and got the backyard all spruced up for our party this afternoon.

IMG_7207 I needed to run some errands, so Autumn & I left after a while.  We came home and got cleaned up and got some things we needed.  Then we went and vacuumed out the car and then went through the car wash b/c I had a free coupon.  Autumn was a good little helper and I LOVE having a clean car.

P1080279 We stopped at WalMart to get some groceries we needed.  She wanted me to get a picture of her standing under the big scary spider that was over the Halloween aisle.

IMG_7209 We got back to Mom & Dad’s, and Aunt Jeri & Mom were making spider cupcakes for the party this afternoon.  Dad had the idea to put this nail in one of the spider’s eyes, b/c Uncle Robert got a nail stuck in his eye a few years ago.  Luckily, he’s a good sport about it and laughed when he saw his special cupcake.

IMG_7210 Poor Emma is such a good sport when Autumn is playing dolls and likes to use Emma as her doll’s horsey.  Emma will put up w/ it for a little bit and then she goes off and hides.  Mom & I made SO MUCH FOOD!!!  It’s a good thing we’re such a good team in the kitchen.  We made chili for me to take to a Halloween party tonight, 2 batches of cake-like corn bread, 24 cupcakes, a cake, a jell-o brain mold, and then prepped all the stuff for the shrimp boil.

IMG_7211 Autumn was playing outside w/ her dolls b/c it was such a nice day.  Dad told me to grab my camera and come take a picture of Autumn’s dolls.  I wondered why on Earth he said I should take a picture of her dolls until he brought me over to the side of the table where Ken was sitting!!!  His swim shorts usually are modest, but when Autumn bends his legs to have him sit down, the velcro comes undone and he moons everyone!  LOL!!!

IMG_7215 The crew showed up at 4:00 and we had our shrimp boil.  We had Robert & Sandy, Zack, Kerry & Tafta, Tyler & Emily and their 3 kids, Heather & Rocky and their 2 kids, Mom, Dad, Nick, Jeri, Autumn & I!  It was a loud party w/ lots of good food and fun…just the type of party we like.

IMG_7219 Some brave souls even jumped in the pool and we had the hot tub going so they could warm up after being in the cold water.  They’re practicing for the New Year’s Pool Dip.

IMG_7226 Aunt Tafta was sewing a quilt top, and was busy as a bee to try and get it done before she & Kerry left to stay w/ Sandy & Robert tonight.  I’m so glad that Jeri has gotten Mom back up into the craft room.

IMG_7221

IMG_7222While everyone was partying, I was in Mom’s bathroom straightening my hair.  We decided on our girl’s weekend to Galveston that we would throw a Halloween party, and tonight was the night.  We all dressed up as the Pink Ladies from the movie Grease.  I was trying to do my hair in a 50’s hairdo.  I could not get it to work, so I asked Mom for help.  She came up w/ this F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S hairdo.  I LOVE it so much and am tempted to wear it like this to church tomorrow.  She did pin curls on top and then flipped it in the back.

IMG_7235 All of the other ladies’ husbands/boyfriends were such good sports and wore these Greaser wigs and rolled up jeans and white t-shirts.

IMG_7237 I just love these ladies to death, and it was so fun to dress up together.  I especially love “Frenchie” in her hot pink wig!

IMG_7243 We had 4 different types of soup w/ rolls and corn bread along w/ all kinds of desserts.  One of the guests brought this veggie tray and I loved how the carrot sticks w/ slivered almonds on it looked like fingers.  So creepy!

IMG_7248We only had 3 other couples that came besides our group, even though we invited a bunch more people.  But, it ended up being perfect b/c we were able to talk and visit w/ everyone.  Then we played some fun games.  This one is Pictionary and we were all yelling and laughing and having a grand old time.  I’m so glad I’m friends w/ ladies who like to plan and do things like this.  It helps me get out of my comfort zone.  Mom & Dad were so great and kept Autumn for me.  I got to their house around 11:30 and went and slept in Nate’s bed.  It was a busy and full day.  I am so blessed!

No comments: