CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Single Adult Conference Saturday

P1080174 This morning we got up early (for a Saturday) and both got cleaned up and then went over to Mom & Dad’s.  I gave Autumn lots of hugs & kisses and then Aunt Jeri & I hopped in the car and took off for the whole day.  There was a regional Single Adult conference and I was THRILLED when I asked Aunt Jeri if she wanted to go and she said yes.  We got to the church and they had smoothies for breakfast.  We slurped one down and went into the chapel to listen to the keynote speakers.  It was excellent and I took lots of notes.  The decorations were all patriotic and I had to get a picture of this picture.  I have never seen it before, but I LOVE it!

P1080175 The big huge boards in the cultural hall were decorated in these festive & patriotic colors.  I think this is so cool looking and it is such a dramatic effect!  For lunch we had sandwiches and chips and fruit and drinks.

P1080180While we were finishing up lunch, a lady came in and did some artwork.  She also had these other works of art that she had displayed, and was giving away in the gift drawing.  Aunt Jeri ended up winning a $25 gas card b/c she is the person that came from the farthest away!

P1080176 After lunch, they had different workshops that we could attend.  I liked how they had these cute signs showing people where the different rooms were.  All of the workshops were really good and we enjoyed being spiritually fed.

P1080182By the time the workshops were over, it was 5:00 and everyone was ready for dinner.  The lady that was bringing all the food for dinner got stuck in traffic for an hour b/c there was a bad car accident ahead of her that had shut down the roads.  So, they had the after dinner entertainment perform while we waited for the food.  It was a Polynesian group, and they were good, but not the best I’ve seen.  Especially since most of the group where skinny white boys.  I wanted to see some big buff brown boys.  Oh, well.

This AWESOME lady named Rose came and sat at our table.  She was a kick in the pants and made my whole night.  She was sassy and feisty, yet funny and sweet at the same time.  We hit it off w/ her and spent the whole night talking and laughing.  The food finally arrived and it was just average but nothing special.  As soon as dessert was over, we hit the road.  We didn’t want to stick around for the speed dating activities or the dance.  Plus, I needed to get home to Autumn Bottom.  Rose didn’t have a ride home, so we took her home.

Mom & Dad said Autumn did great today and was a complete angel.  She helped Dad out in the garden and had a great time.  I’m so thankful that they watched her for me so I could recharge my spiritual battery & also spend some great one-on-one time w/ Aunt Jeri.

No comments: