CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Super Spiritually Fed Sunday

IMG_7161 It was so nice to sleep in this morning and then get up and shower and put on nice clean clothes.  Autumn dressed herself and she looked so cute so we had to get a picture.  It’s a good way to round out her 5 color days at school w/ a 6th day.  She comes up w/ these little “diva poses” all on her own.

IMG_7165 We went over to Mom & Dad’s around 9:00 and I helped Mom fry up scrapple for breakfast.  We usually only have it for Christmas, but we decided to break the “rules” and make it anyways.  Mom was going to make it for Dad for his birthday just to let him know how special he is to all of us.  But that didn’t happen so we made it today.  It was SOOOO GOOOOD and got me even more excited for the holidays and traditions.

IMG_7166 After breakfast we got it all cleaned up and made the stuff for eggrolls and prepped the food for fried rice.  Then we all sat down together to watch General Conference.  Elder Holland’s talk (sorry about the bad picture) was OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD incredible.  It gave me spiritual goose bumps b/c it was so good.  It was my favorite talk of all the sessions of General Conference.  We watched it for a 2nd time when Dad got home from work so that he could hear it, too.

In part of his talk he says this is something the Savior might have said to Peter after He had just asked Peter 3 times if Peter loved Him.  "Then Peter, why are you here? Why are we back on this same shore, by these same nets, having this same conversation? Wasn’t it obvious then and isn’t it obvious now that if I want fish, I can get fish? What I need, Peter, are disciples—and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.”

P1080110 Mom got Autumn to come sit down w/ her for a few minutes.  All it takes is to get Autumn to hold still and she’s out like a light.  She’s so stinkin’ tall and is just growing up way too fast.  Mom loved getting to snuggle her.

After the first session, Mom & I fried up the eggrolls and made the fried rice and we all sat down together and ate lunch.  It was such a scrumptious meal.  I went outside and played on the fort w/ Autumn for a while so she could burn off some energy.  Then we sat through the last session of conference.  My favorite talk from this final session was Elder Bednar’s “Converted unto the Lord.”  Here is one of my favorite parts:

“A testimony is spiritual knowledge of truth obtained by the power of the Holy Ghost. Continuing conversion is constant devotion to the revealed truth we have received—with a heart that is willing and for righteous reasons. Knowing that the gospel is true is the essence of a testimony. Consistently being true to the gospel is the essence of conversion. We should know the gospel is true and be true to the gospel.

P1080113 Autumn has been itching all weekend to carve pumpkins w/ Papa, and after conference it finally happened.  She drew the face on the pumpkin w/ a marker and then Papa carved it.  Autumn thought the inside guts were gross when he took them out.

P1080119That reminded me of a picture I saw on Facebook or Pinterest where the pumpkin looked like it was throwing up.  So, we decided to try it.  I think it turned out really good (or gross depending on how  you look at it).  It was a fabulous weekend and my spiritual tank was completely filled to overflowing.  I can’t wait to get the Ensign next month so I can mark it up and highlight the good parts and write notes.

No comments: