CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 18, 2012

The One Where Uncle Kerry & Aunt Tafta Come To Visit

P1080243 Uncle Kerry & Aunt Tafta got here late last night from Utah.  They came to visit, and we’re so glad they’re here.  Mom called after work to say that they were going to pick up Autumn & to meet them at Cheddars for dinner.  While we waited for our food, I gave Autumn a pen so she could draw me a picture.  She was writing out our names and the teacher in Aunt Tafta came out and she showed Autumn how to correctly hold a pen.  We keep saying that she’s like Grandma Johnson reincarnated.

P1080244 We had to get an order of Cheddar’s famous tower of onion rings.  They are so good and so reasonably priced ($3.99).  Autumn thought it was so cool that Papa & Aunt Tafta are brother & sister.  She also thought it was cool that we’ll have 2 Kerry’s and 2 Lisa’s is the house.

P1080245Autumn was being a stinker, and she laid her head down on the bench and ended up falling asleep.  We had to wake her up when it was time to leave.  When we went outside to take this picture, she was not very happy (hence the grumpy face here).  Papa tried to take her picture after this and she was NOT happy!  We came straight home so I could put her to bed instead of going over to Mom & Dad’s to visit w/ everyone.

She had a mini meltdown at home.  I stayed very calm and talked quietly and told her she needed to get in bed.  She wouldn’t get in bed and stood defiantly next to her bed w/ her arms crossed across her chest.  So, I walked out of the room and started to do the dishes.  She cried for a while and then came out and said, “Mama, will you come and talk to me by my bed.”  I was THRILLED she asked that, b/c that’s a good time for us to bond.  She gets in bed and I kneel down next to her bed and just focus on her.  I let her just talk and I just listened.  It did my Mama heart so much good to have that sweet interaction w/ her.  That’s why her bedtime routine is one of my favorite parts of the day.

No comments: