CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2012

Project REAL Life Friday ~ Week 2

PRLife overview Week 2 ~ first things first

The pictures this week weren’t quite as self-explanatory as last week, so I typed up what each of the journaling cards said.  I really like the look of the washi tape this week.  It looks uniform b/c it’s the same tape, but I was able to mix it up by putting different words on different cards. 

CONFESSION:  This week came together a little bit easier than the 1st week, but it’s still more of a struggle to figure out what pictures I want to include than I thought it would be.

Also, I also have to mention that I include vertical photos in my Design A pages.  I’m sure that makes some of you cringe, but it doesn’t bother me at all.  Some pictures just lend themselves to being taken vertically instead of horizontally, and I don’t have time to try and figure out how to make that work into a different page design.  So, I just slip them in Design A and call it done.  No muss, no fuss!

IMG_7430 Something Little ~ One of the little things that is a strong priority every single day is tucking Autumn Bottom into bed.  We get a chance to unwind from the day & connect.  I kneel down next to her bed & we share our 3 good things & 1 bad thing from our day.  I look her in the eyes & make sure she knows I love her & that she is my greatest blessing.  It’s my favorite part of the day.

Health Habit ~ One thing that I’m trying to do to take care of my body right now is to get more sleep.  I’m a night owl by nature, but i need to get more sleep in my old age.  :)  If I can get to bed by 10:30 then I can get a full 8 hours of sleep.  Sleep…it does a body good!

Daily Firsts ~ The first thing I do in the morning (after I’ve hit the snooze button a few times) is to turn on the water in my shower.  It takes a while to heat up & that gives me a chance to use the restroom & check emails on my phone.  I love stepping into a hot shower.
(Don’t mind the towel flung over the glass enclosure.  I have NO towel bars or anything to hang a towel on near my shower so I have to keep it there for when I get out.)

Special Someone ~ The person that comes first in my life right now is Autumn.  Since I am a single divorced Mom at this stage in our lives, she is my #1 focus.  These are such formative years that I really want to make them fun & happy ones.  She is my everything & we’re blessed to have each other.

Bumped-Up Priority ~ Now that Autumn is in Kindergarten, it’s so important that I read to her every day for 5 – 10 minutes.  She can read me words like “the, me, can, all, and, etc” but I am making it a priority to be better & more patient w/ reading.  She’s a smart little bug.

Leisure ~ I actually get quite a bit of leisure time like getting together w/ friends every Monday night.  One of my favorite leisure activities that I treat myself to once a month is getting my nails done.  I have been going to Binh for almost 5 years now.  I love it!

To – Do’s ~ I used to carry around a planner to keep my life organized.  But now I put everything in the calendar on my iPhone 4.  I love it b/c I can set reminders for even simple things like pajama day at school for Autumn or to record a show on TV.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY, Y’ALL!!!

No comments: