CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Borrowing The Corvette For A Young Women’s Lesson

IMG_8022 I guess Rosy Posy got bored waiting for us to wake up this morning and decided to watch some TV when she got back from reporting to Santa at the North Pole.

IMG_8025 We got ready for church, had some breakfast, and then left early to go over to Mom & Dad’s house to borrow the Corvette.  I was talking to Dad earlier in the week about my lesson in Young Women’s today and how it was going to be about making goals and education (I combined 2 lessons).  He suggested that I take the Corvette and talk about how it took him 15 years of schooling (4 undergrad, 1 year of a Masters, 4 years of medical school, 3 for his pediatrics residency & 3 for his ER residency) to become an ER Peds doc.  He worked hard, made goals, got an education, paid off all debt, etc before he was able to get such a nice car.

P1080634During the lesson we went outside to look at the car and talk about all those things and how important it is to get an education to bless your family, the Church, your community, etc.  I told the girls after church that they could come out and get pics in the car if they wanted to.  A few of the girls took me up on that offer.  Autumn wanted to get a pic in the driver’s seat, too!

After church we went to Mom & Dad’s house for dinner (we had leftovers from my work Christmas party) and then we just relaxed.  I feel like I haven’t seen my Autumn girl at all this past week b/c my evenings have been full of other things.  I missed my usual time w/ her, so we just snuggled and talked and colored and spent time together.  At 6:00 we went over to our home teacher’s house.  He is always asking if there’s anything he can do to help us and he offered for he & his family to watch Autumn tonight while I went to a Single Adult fireside.  That was so nice of them!

We only had about 15 people at our fireside tonight, but it was an excellent one.  We had the 2 counselors in the Stake Presidency talk to us about Christmas and it was very uplifting.  I liked having a smaller group b/c we were able to have more of a discussion.  Anyways, but the time it was over and we had refreshments and cleaned everything up it was late.  I rushed over to the home teacher’s to get Autumn so we could get home and I could get her to bed.

I’m looking forward to this coming week b/c I don’t have any evening commitments (other than Young Women’s on Wednesday) that will take me away from spending time w/ my Autumn Bottom.

No comments: