CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Leaves, Brunch, A Haircut & A Movie

IMG_7990 Since we spent the night at Mom & Dad’s last night, Rosy Posy knew again to come there instead of to our house.  She decided to hang out on the light fixture above the kitchen table.  She’s such a silly elf!

IMG_7993 I got to sleep in this morning until 9:00 am and it was glorious!  I woke up to voices outside the bedroom window and looked outside to see this.  Dad was outside working the yard & had his “helper” w/ him.  But she didn’t want to help w/ yard work, she wanted Papa’s help to climb a tree.  She likes to try and see how high she can climb and makes sure everyone w/in eyesight is watching her.

IMG_7996 We had a ton more leaves in the yard since the last time we raked them for the kids to jump into.  So, I went out and helped for a little while until I had to leave.  This picture of Autumn running w/ her arms thrown out to the side and the hot pink inside of her coat showing just makes me smile.

IMG_7999 The best pic though, is this one of Gilberto running and smiling and getting ready to jump into the pile of leaves.  He had never done it before so I made him & Dad run & do it w/ Autumn.  They were good sports and when I asked Gilberto if he loved it he said, “Yes, but once is enough for a life time!”  LOL!

IMG_8003 Autumn wanted me to get in the leaves w/ her so I did even though I had only been awake for a little bit and I still had “sleepy eyes” & I hadn’t done my hair.  You know what…who cares?  It made her happy and I’m glad we have this picture to document the fun we had raking & playing in the leaves.

IMG_8017 I had to leave soon after the leaves fun b/c I had been invited by Alice (the one in the far left) to a Sister’s Christmas Brunch.  She invited 9 of us over to her home to have Brunch and share some of our favorite Christmas traditions, stories, etc.  She made a delicious salad, chicken spaghetti, and rolls.  Then for dessert we had gluten free chocolate cake w/ raspberries and frozen avocado yogurt that Maureen & her Mom made.  We had quite the International group w/ 2 of the ladies being from the Philippines & 2 of them from Sierra Leone.

IMG_8019 It was a FABULOUS 2 hours getting to know these ladies better and sharing our Christmas thoughts w/ each other.  The Spirit there was so strong as we strengthened each other through friendship and faith.  I see these women at church every week, but getting to spend 2 hours of uninterrupted time w/ them was a precious gift.  I now know them better than I did before, and I’m so grateful to Alice for putting together such a wonderful event.  I left so uplifted and edified.

By this time it was 12:30, so I went back to Mom & Dad’s house to spend some time w/ Autumn and have lunch.  Then at 1:30 I went to Janice’s to get my haircut.  It’s grown out a lot since Josh cut it for me, and it was getting to heavy on top.  She trimmed it for me and it looks and feels so much better.  I got back to Mom & Dad’s house (again) at 3:00 and they left to go run some errands.  I had gone and got the pictures of Gilberto jumping into the leaves printed off at WalMart, so I picked those up and we put them in a flip book along w/ a framed 5x7 picture.  We gave those to him and he was so happy and appreciative. 

IMG_0582Nick & Autumn & I went back to our house at 5:00 so we could put up our outside Christmas lights before it got too dark.  I really dislike putting up lights outside, but Nick & I worked as a team and got it done.  We have been wanting to go and see Rise of the Guardians, so we went to the 7:10 showing.  It was such a cute movie and one that we will definitely buy when it comes out on DVD so we can add it to our collection of Christmas movies.  After the movie we stopped by this poster to get a picture.  I usually have my camera w/ me, but the SD card was at home in my laptop, so we had to get pics w/ my iPhone (which is why this one is so grainy & low quality).

IMG_0579Nick wanted me to get a picture of him standing by one of the Hobbit posters and when I turned around to tell Autumn it was time to go, she was gone!!!  I called out her name and heard a little giggle.  I looked down and there she was hiding between the elves!  She blended right in and made Nick & I laugh.  It was a great Saturday w/ lots of spiritual upliftment, getting some tasks accomplished, and relaxing.

No comments: