CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mom’s Ward Christmas Party Craziness

P1080693 Autumn wanted to know why Rosy Posy hid on top of the TV cabinet again.  She said she hid there last year, and I told her it must be b/c she likes the view from up there.

P1080694 We went over to Mom & Dad’s by 8:00 am so I could help Mom cook.  Autumn wanted to surprise them w/ breakfast in bed, but they came out of their room before we had it ready.  So, we just ate together at the kitchen table and then got to work.  Mom had on her “Mother Superior” hat, which is what we call her when she gets bossy.  She kept telling Dad things she needed him to take out to the truck for the ward Christmas party that she was in charge of.  Dad leaned over and whispered something to Autumn and she started laughing.  Next thing we know, they both stood at attention and saluted Mom.  It was funny and we were all laughing.

P1080699 Mom & I work so well together in the kitchen.  We whipped out these 12 (yes, TWELVE) pans of yum yum potatoes.  We got the truck all loaded w/ 1/2 the kitchen stuff like bowls and serving spoons and crock pots.  Then Autumn & I took 4 of the pans of potatoes home so we could delay cook them while we were gone at church.  We got cleaned up and went to church and it was a good.

P1080701 After church we had a Laurel’s class presidency meeting and I had to leave a few minutes early so I could be home by 3:00 to get the 4 pans of potatoes out of my oven.  Then we went over to Mom & Dad’s and got the other 8 pans of potatoes out of their oven.  Then we made the 20 minute drive up to Mom & Dad’s ward building.  We got there at 3:50 and it was sheer pandemonium.  They had 3 long tables set up to serve the ham, potatoes, green beans, rolls, chips, and veggies. 

I was busy running around helping Mom & serving food, and Autumn was a total angel.  She stayed out of the way and when everyone had finally gone through the lines I got her some food.  She went right outside the kitchen door to eat since there was no room anywhere inside.  I went back in to get her a drink and when I came out, she was sitting in this box!  LOL!  I felt like she was neglected b/c I was so busy helping Mom, but Autumn was a complete tropper.  I made sure to tell her over and over again how much I appreciated her being so good.

P1080703Mom did such a great job putting on the dinner.  She’s good at making things nice.  Someone brought THE ABSOLUTE BEST cheesecake I’ve ever had in my life.  And on top of that, it was covered in a caramel sauce on top w/ pecans.  I thought I had died and gone to Heaven.  We got all of the dishes washed, the kitchen cleaned, up, the cars packed up, and finally got out of there after 7:00.  We got home and brought everything in the house and just put the food away and left the rest for tomorrow.  We were all so tired and worn out that we plopped down on the couches and watched the recorded Cowboy’s game.  Autumn & I put stamps and address labels on Christmas card envelopes.  It was literally painful to stand up and walk around after having been on my feet most of the day.  But I’m glad we were able to help Mom b/c she does so much for us.  It turned out fabulous, but we’re all glad it’s over!

No comments: