CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Annual Berrett White Elephant Gift Party

IMG_8076 Miss Rosy Posy must have been thirsty this morning after she got back from the North Pole, b/c we found her drinking our pancake syrup!  We were happy to share w/ her.

IMG_8078 We went over to Mom & Dad’s so I could help Mom w/ all the cooking we needed to do today.  Dad was making some yeast stuff to put down the toilet to help keep good bacteria in the septic tank.  We got busy doing something else and next thing we knew, it had doubled in size and was flowing out of the bowl!  It’s a good thing we had it right next to the sink.

P1080691 Mom & I went to Kroger’s while Dad & Autumn went to get me a special surprise for Christmas.  When Mom & I got home, we made 3 dozen deviled eggs for a party tonight.  Dad called to say he needed some help w/ my Christmas gift.  So, we came over to my house and I got to see my gift… a new dishwasher!  WOO HOO!  I’m so excited to have a new one.  I had to get a picture of this, b/c Dad was using my cell phone as a flashlight!  Technology is incredible, and not just for the usual uses of making phone calls.

IMG_8091 We rushed back to Mom & Dad’s house to get the deviled eggs and meet up w/ Nick so he could watch Autumn, and then we went to the annual Berrett Christmas party.  For my white elephant gift this year, I made this big 16x20 collage of the past 2 Christmases of Britt & Virginia.  It’s funny b/c we noticed that Sis. Mannewitz wears the same cute Christmas vest each year.

IMG_8097 I thought this was such a funny gift!  Someone brought 4 brand new VHS tapes and a few cassette tapes.  It’s so crazy that these are now considered outdated and fit for a white elephant gift, when just a few years ago DVD’s didn’t even exist.

IMG_8101It was a great evening full of laughter and fun and great gifts and good fun.  The Berrett white elephant gift party is something that I look forward to all year.  It was also fun having all the people in our “Misfit Toys” group there (Christine was there, she just isn’t in this picture).

No comments: