CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy 6th Birthday, Autumn

IMG_8429-001 Today I got up early so Autumn & I could sit and eat breakfast together instead of having rush and eat in the car.  We just had her favorite cereal b/c that’s what she wanted.  I left work at 1:45 so I could be to Autumn’s school in time for us to have a little celebration for her at 2:30.  She got to go up to the front of the class while we sang Happy Birthday to her.  I love watching her b/c she gets a shy and cute little smile on her face.  It’s her teacher’s birthday tomorrow, so Mom brought some balloons for her and I brought a box of her favorite treat.  We had the kids sing to the teacher as well.

IMG_8432 Mom & I handed out heart shaped Little Debbie snack cakes along w/ some Capri Suns to all the kids.  Mom got this ADORABLE purple outfit for Autumn and gave it to her last night so she could wear it to school today.  I’m so glad that Mom & I could come to her class and make her feel special in front of her classmates.  I just took her home w/ me when school was over.

IMG_8439 We went over to Mom & Dad’s house to relax for a while.  We made a sandwich b/c we were all hungry, and then Autumn & I went outside so I could get some pictures of her on her 6 year old birthday.

IMG_8446 My little fashinonista

IMG_8455 Her 2 front teeth are really loose, so I’m glad they are still in for these pictures.

P1080907 Papa got home from a meeting at 4:00 and we were all hungry, so we went to dinner.  Autumn picked Cheddars for her birthday dinner.  While we were waiting for our food to come, she opened Papa & Mimi’s gifts and card.  She’s so spoiled!  I made sure to wear my mother/daughter heart necklace today, since it’s my first and only “birth day” (or date I gave birth).

P1080911 Autumn LOVES the croissants at Cheddars and wanted to make sure I ordered some for her.  Our waitress was so sweet and brought us 4 of them even though we only ordered 3.  When we were done eating, she even brought Autumn a little shot glass size chocolate dessert.

P1080915 After we ate, we went back to Mom & Dad’s house for a while.  Autumn wanted to sit at the kitchen table and color.  Then Liz came over at 6:30 so we could go see a play together.  Nick was originally going to go, but ended up having to work.  So, we invited Liz at the last moment.  We got to the high school theater a little early to see Little Shop of Horrors.  The director asked Autumn if she wanted to go backstage and see the Audrey II plant so she wouldn’t be scared during the play.  I thought that was so nice of the director to do!  It brought back so many good memories for me to be backstage, b/c I used to be in theater in high school.

P1080916 To be honest, I didn’t have super high expectations for the musical b/c I’m not a fan of the story line or movie.  However, I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed w/ how well the play was done.  The main reason we went was to see Gracie, b/c she was in the play, and she did a great job.

P1080917 Bo, who played Seymour, was the star of the show.  He did such a phenomenal job.  The set was amazing, the plants were fabulous, the costumes were wonderful, the music was magical, etc.  After the play, we went and got a picture w/ Bo.  He & his family are in Mom & Dad’s ward.  He is crazy talented.  The whole play far exceeded my expectations.  WOW!

P1080918I am so glad we got to do such a fun thing for Autumn’s birthday.  When we got home, it was 9:30 and she was tired b/c it was way past her bedtime.  She started crying and throwing a fit b/c she didn’t get a birthday cake and didn’t get to blow out any birthday candles.  I put a quick stop to all that nonsense and talked to her about how over the top blessed she is and all the great things she got to do today.

DSC01474_016_016 It’s hard to believe that this was us just 6 short years ago.  So much has happened in those 6 years, but at the same time it feels like just last year.  When I was tucking her in bed last night, I told her the story of when she was born.  She LOVES hearing that story, and I love telling it.  She’s my greatest blessing and I make sure to tell her that all the time.  Here’s a look at her past birthdays:

IMG_0177 2008 ~ 1st Birthday

IMG_7837 2009 ~ 2nd Birthday

IMG_2479 2010 ~ 3rd Birthday

IMG_0940 2011 ~ 4th Birthday

IMG_5326 2012 ~ 5th Birthday

No comments: