CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Quiet Time Church Books

IMG_8396When Lexie was up here over the holidays, she shared 3 files w/ me that have 27 pictures each in them.  They’re for quiet books to use at church.  One is the 13 Articles of Faith, one is the ABC Gospel Mini Book, and the other one is scanned pictures of the Bright Ideas from the Friend.  Those are like Mormonad’s for kids.

IMG_8397 They’re just 4x6 pictures that I got printed off at WalMart and then put them in these $1 photo books from WalMart.  They were great for Autumn to look through during sacrament today.  There were some little boys behind us that were restless and giving their Mom a hard time, so I turned around and gave them these books to look at and they were angels for the last 20 minutes of church.  SCORE!  I wish I knew who made them so I could give them credit, but I just got them from Lexie.

IMG_8398 Autumn wore her new dress that I got her for Christmas to church today.  It was a steal of a deal at the kid’s consignment store a few months ago.  Even though her smile isn’t the greatest here, I think she looks so pretty in her dress and fancy braided hair.

IMG_8400 She likes twirling in it b/c of how it fans out so pretty.  She’s definitely my little fashionista.

IMG_8407 We had to do our usual Sunday picture together and she said she wanted to do a diva/model pose w/ me.  What a kid!  I’m so glad she’s mine.

Church was really good today, and it was our first time having a lesson w/ the new Young Men/Young Women curriculum.  Sis. Sawyer did an AWESOME job teaching about the Godhead and how we don’t believe in the trinity.  We believe they are 3 separate personages, and that Jesus & Heavenly Father have physical bodies.  She also had scriptures that she had us read that explain that doctrine.  The one I always shared w/ investigators on my mission was the one from Matthew 3:16-17 when Jesus is being baptized.  While Jesus is standing in the water, there is a voice heard from heaven (God) and the Holy Ghost descends as a dove.  There’s also another good one in Acts 7:55-56 where Stephen sees Jesus standing on the right hand of God.  Clearly they are separate beings and not just one massive glob of nothingness out there in space.  It gives me such comfort to know that I have a Heavenly Father, who is the Father of my Spirit.  And that I have an older spirit brother, Jesus Christ, who was willing to come to this Earth so He could experience what mortality was like and perform the Atonement so I can overcome my sins and return to live w/ my Heavenly Father someday.  The Spirit was SO STRONG in the room as Sis. Sawyer was talking and sharing her testimony of Joseph Smith and how he saw and spoke to Heavely Father and Jesus Christ.  I’m loving this new curriculum so far!  I’m excited to teach next week’s lesson about “How Can I Know My Heavenly Father?”

P1080853After church we went over to Mom & Dad’s for dinner.  I wanted to do an activity w/ Autumn instead of just sitting and vegging out and watching TV all night where we don’t interact.  So, I rummaged through Mom’s cabinet of old stamps from back in the day and I found this set of fairy tale stamps.  I remember using these as a kid and how much fun they were.  So, I got them out and we made up a story using the stamps.  Nick even got in on the fun!  It was a great evening and I’m just bummed the weekend is already over and it’s back to work.  This week will be hard b/c it’s a full work week and I’ve only had to work 3 days the past 2 weeks thanks to the holidays.  Oh, well.  I’m just thankful to have a good job!

No comments: