CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Autumn’s Beautiful Handwriting

P1090066 Today went SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday!  We got up and got ready for church and had a good time at church.  I taught the lesson in Laurel’s about “Why do we have adversity?”  I love this new curriculum, but the problem I have is that I have TOO MUCH good stuff to share that it’s hard to cut it way back and let the girls have more opportunities to talk and share and teach each other.  Today we talked about adversity for a little bit, why we have it, how we can overcome it, and what we can learn from it.  Then I had them pair up and pick any scripture story they wanted to and discuss it together.  Then they would share w/ the class what their scripture story was, what adversity that person faced, how they overcame it, and how they can apply those lessons to their own life.  It went really really well, but we had to end early b/c the bishopric came in during the last 5 minutes of class to set apart our new Laurel’s class presidency.

After church, the family that we gave the extra Wizard of Oz ticket to last night, came over and brought us a plate of cookies to tell us thank you.  That was so nice of them!  Then we went over to Mom & Dad’s house for dinner.  After dinner Autumn sat down at the coffee table and wrote this all out on her own w/ just a little tiny bit of help from Mom & I on how to spell a few of the words.  She has such beautiful penmanship.  This is what she wrote:

One day I sat in the snow.  I played in the snow.  I ate snow.  I saw a rabbit.  I saw a mitten in the snow.  I went home.  My Mom said, “did you leave your mitten and did you leave your hat on?”

P1090069After church, I went visiting teaching at 6:00.  Then I had to leave at 6:30 to go over to the single adult fireside.  My bishop was the one who came and spoke, and he did such a great job!  For refreshments Pete brought angel food cake, fruit & whipped cream.  It was super good and everyone who came seemed to have a good time.  I finally got home at 9:00 and called it a night.

No comments: