CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 11, 2013

The Family That Plays iPhones Together, Stays Together

P1090071 On the way to and from work today, I started listening to a series of parenting CD’s called “Let’s Fix the Kids.”  I’m already excited about what I’m learning and am looking forward to implementing it w/ Autumn so I can be a better Mama to her.  A few weeks ago we had planned w/ her friend Ben at school and his family to come over for dinner tonight.  But, Ben’s Mom was sick w/ the flu so they had to reschedule.  Mom called and said to come meet her & Dad at our favorite local Chinese restaurant for dinner.  Autumn wanted to feel what it’s like to have a solid smile again instead of having a bunch of gaps.  LOL!

P1090070 Autumn’s plate is on the left, b/c she LOVES sushi.  Mine is on the right b/c I LOVE those butter sauce mushrooms and green beans.  YUMMY!!!  My mouth is always wanting more than my tummy can handle when we go to this Chinese buffet.

P1090076After we ate, Mom got out her phone to play Candy Crush Saga.  Then Dad got out his phone to play it.  We were laughing about how we’ve turned into that family we make fun of for playing games on their cell phones instead of talking to each other.  I am obsessed w/ how cool the ceiling behind Mom looks.  I  love the bright colors and cool chandelier.  After a while, we went over to Target so Mom & I could get stylists to use while playing our cell phones b/c our nails get in the way and make it hard to play.  Those stylists are expensive at $14 each!  YIKES!  Anyways, it was a fun dinner and I’m glad we got to spend time w/ Papa & Mimi.

I was able to try out a few new parenting techniques on Autumn tonight and she didn’t like that I was not letting her get away w/ things.  She didn’t want to go to sleep and kept trying to push her limits and see if I would react in the ways I used to.  I didn’t give in and just kept putting her in bed every time she would get out.  I used the Super Nanny technique and only said “good night” to her and put her back in bed.  She FINALLY went to sleep around 9:45, so I didn’t get over to Christine’s to watch Bachelor.  I’m glad I was able to not get frustrated w/ the situation and I think I handled her bucking the new system pretty well.

No comments: