CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mission Memories & Minute To Win It Games

IMG_0696My friend Alyn sent me a message on Facebook and asked me if I could make a little 3-5 minute video about my mission.  He is a seminary teacher and the lessons this week were about missionary work.  I talked about some of the miracles I got to witness like the Book of Mormon coming out in Slovene while I was there, and how this group of Saints went to SLC to record some important church stuff in Slovene.  It was so neat to talk about my mission again and remember all the great things I learned.  He also asked that I share one of my favorite scriptures in the language so his seminary kids could hear what it sounded like.  It made me so homesick for Slovenija & the people & the food & the country & just everything.  I need to plan a trip back there in the near future!

P1090082 This week is Spirit Week at Autumn’s school and today was cultural day.  We don’t have any American Indian clothes for her to wear, so we went w/ what we did have…a Polynesian girl.  When I picked her up from school today, I asked her how it went and she said she only wore the outfit for a few minutes b/c no one else in her class was dressed up.  Oh, well…at least we got a cute picture of her!

P1090083 After dinner, I went to Young Women’s and we had a combined activity w/ the Young Men.  For the activity, we did a bunch of Minute To Win It Games and the youth rotated around to 7 different stations.  They had the following games:

Face The Cookie (using only the face, move a cookie from the forehead to the mouth)
Ka-Broom (flip some marshmallows from a paper plate into the air by hitting the edge of the plate w/ a broom and catch the flying marshmallows in a cup)
Yank Me (Build a tower w/ plastic cups and put an index card between each cup, and then yank the card out w/out making the tower fall over)
Rapid Fire (build a pyramid w/ 6 plastic cups and knock them over by shooting rubber bands at them)
Breakfast Scramble (unscramble & reassemble squares cut from a cereal box)
Baby Blockin’ (put a paper plate on your head and stack 5 children’s building blocks on top of each other and hold it for 3 seconds)

I got to oversee this station, and I think the youth were surprised w/ how much harder it was than it looked.  At the end of the night, I wanted to try it and see how hard it was.  I was able to stack 10 dice on my popsicle stick and hold it for 3 seconds!  GO ME!!!  It was a really fun activity and the youth really seemed to enjoy it.

IMG_0699I had to stop by WalMart on the way home to get a few groceries, and I couldn’t figure out why the parking lot was so packed, b/c it’s usually pretty empty on a Wednesday night.  But then I walked in and saw this empty Valentine’s themed table and remembered that tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and people were out getting last minute gifts.  LOL!

No comments: