CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 11, 2013

Aunt Jeri Herilooms

P1090320 Autumn & I couldn’t wait to get to Mom & Dad’s house today after work/daycare.  It’s Spring Break, so Lexie & the boys came up to stay for the week.  Jackson had just gotten up from a nap, and I was trying to get him to smile and say “cheese” like he did last time I got out my camera.  He was NOT having it and gave me the look of death.  I started laughing so hard, b/c it was so funny!  About 10 seconds after I took this pic, he was all smiles and was happy to see us.

We had Vietnamese food for dinner, and Autumn & Jackson wanted us to take their picture sitting together on the couch eating their spring rolls.  This was the “cheese” smile from Jackson that I was trying to get earlier.  Autumn is so cute & attentive w/ Jackson.  It makes me sad that she doesn’t have younger siblings around, b/c she is such a good helper and would make a FABULOUS older sister.  Someday…

P1090317 After dinner, Mom got out the presents from Utah for us.  Rufio had sent some Utah truffles (my favorite) for Lexie & I to share.  The best present, though, were these pink slippers/booties that Aunt Jeri had knitted for Autumn.  I asked Mom is she had told Aunt Jeri what size shoe Autumn wears, and Mom said no.  The reason I asked is that these fit PERFECTLY, as if Aunt Jeri had measured Autumn’s feet and then made the booties to fit.  She had no idea how big Autumn’s feet were, but they fit like a glove!
 P1090324Autumn wore them the whole night and wouldn’t take them off.  Her favorite feature are the cute pom poms.

P1090334 Autumn loved them so much that she wouldn’t even take them off to go home!  She just put her shoes on over them so she could walk out to the car w/out getting them dirty.  She even wore them to bed!  Aunt Jeri is so talented and we’re so happy to have another heirloom from her that we can save and hand down.

DSC01563_091_091 Here’s the other heirloom that Aunt Jeri made that we’ll be passing down.  It’s the blessing dress she made for Autumn back in Feb 2007!  It was so fun having Aunt Jeri stay at Mom & Dad’s for a few months last year.  It gave us all a chance to create some really special memories with her.  WE LOVE YOU, AUNT JERI!!!

I got Autumn home, into bed, and then when she was asleep and Nick got home from work I went over to Christine’s so we could watch the season finale of the Bachelor.  Mary even came this time, which was great b/c I haven’t seen her in a long time.  We were sad that Melanie wasn’t there, but she was off having fun w/ her boys for Spring Break.  There was one point where Christine said something about one of the guys in the audience that had us laughing SO HARD!  I haven’t laughed that hard or that long in a while.  I literally had tears running down my cheeks from laughing so hard.  Being around these soul sista’s is so good for my spirit!

No comments: