CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Project Life Tuesday ~ Week 08

IMG_8697 Monday ~ Autumn had a MAJOR melt down tonight on the way home.  She threw her coat at me & then the air freshener!  I pulled into a subdivision & used my new parenting techniques from the “Let’s Fix The Kids” CD’s that I’ve been listening to on the way to and from work.  It worked so much better than getting mad or yelling.  I took her coat away and told her she could try and earn it back.  (This was 2 weeks ago and things  have gotten SO MUCH BETTER since then).

Tuesday ~ It was the Blue & Gold Banquet at Mom’s ward building.  It was a “Survivor” theme & they had tacos in a bag, “mud” for dessert, fruit skewers, fun games, and the Scouts made fake log campfires for the centerpieces of the tables.  It was a really fun night, but I am SO GLAD I don’t have to deal w/ Scouts on a regular basis.

Wednesday ~ Nick got me colorful cart organizer for Christmas & I LOVE it.  Autumn wanted the drawers done in a rainbow pattern (of course).  It’s been nice to keep the kitchen table clean, but also keep our crafting supplies close when we need them.  I like that my Project Life stuff fits on top as well.  What a good & practical gift!

Thursday ~ Autumn & I went shopping tonight to get the stuff for cornbread for the ward talent show tomorrow night.  I liked the cute display they had set up w/ flip flops in the inflatable pool (not the bikinis).  I tried on 3 swimsuits, and I loved the top on this one but not the bottom.  I got a black one w/ hot pink trim.  Autumn was such a good little dressing room assistant.

Friday ~ Tonight it was our chili cook off and ward talent show, and I had signed Autumn up to bring some of her drawings.  She was so excited about it and just beamed when people told her how nice her artwork was.

Saturday ~ Autumn worked really hard today learning how to do chores so that she could earn enough points to go to Bath & Body Works and buy her very own “hanitizer” w/ her own money.  I am SO PROUD of her!  I included her receipt and instead of doing a normal journaling card, I stuck in the blank journaling card we wrote out her chore list on.

Sunday ~ Autumn & I were at church for FIVE hours today b/c I had to stay for a Laurel’s class presidency meeting after the normal 3 hour block.  Also, I was helping w/ a presentation about the new JustServe website.  I brought this big bucket of Dubble Bubble gum and told people if they “chews” to register on the website then they could get a piece of gum.

I am linked up over at The Mom Creative.

THANKS FOR STOPPING BY Y’ALL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great parenting strategy you used - I think I need to listen to that cd :) Love the big bucket of gum to motivate people!