CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easter Egg Hunt At The Farm

IMG_8727 We got up this morning, had breakfast, came home & got cleaned up, and then hit the road for Aunt Sandy & Uncle Robert’s farm.  When we got there, Aunt Sandy had the most scrumptious Dutch oven sheppard’s pie.  She also tried making a pizza/calzone thing and it was good.  Jackson went straight for the tractor and thought he was HOT STUFF getting to sit in the seat and pretending to drive it.  Autumn’s so good about looking out for him.

IMG_8730 I love this picture of Mom & Aunt Sandy peeling & slicing green apples together.  Aunt Sandy made apple cinnamon rolls.  She cooked them apples w/ sugar & cinnamon and then put a layer of canned cinnamon rolls on top and cooked them a little longer.  SUPER GOOD!

IMG_8734 The weather today could not have been more perfect.  It was in the low 80’s w/ a nice breeze.  We sat in the shade of the trees and just sat and visited while the kids ran around and played.  Ah, this is the life!

IMG_8755 After a while, we had Uncle Robert take the kids (and Lexie wanted to go, too) on a tractor ride so we could hide Easter eggs.  They had a good time, and there was almost a bad accident where Lexie broke both legs, but angels must have been watching over her b/c she just ended up w/ bad bruises on the back of her legs.

IMG_8760 When they got back, Dad went over & told Uncle Robert to leave them up in the air so that Jackson & Jamie (the 2 little boys) could have free reign to get as many eggs as they wanted.  As you can see, the other kids were NOT happy that they were missing out on the egg gathering.  Uncle Robert only kept them up there for a few seconds and then he let them down.  We got a good laugh out of it.

IMG_8764 We tried getting a cute pic of all the kids together w/ their Easter baskets full of eggs, but this was the best one we could get.  I’m glad that we have pics of the great cousins at the farm together each year.  We missed having Caleb & Brooke & Peyton there but they were having fun up in Colorado for Spring Break.  The reason we did it this Saturday instead of next Saturday or the one after is that Dad was off today, and this was the only day he could go.

IMG_8766 After gathering the plastic eggs, it was time to gather real eggs.  Autumn was so happy to find a green egg, and it was still warm!  It doesn’t get much fresher than that.  It’s hard to see the green egg, and it makes me laugh that it looks like she’s just holding a ray of sunshine.

IMG_8791 After all that fun, we got some fishing poles out of Uncle Robert’s truck and took our folding chairs and went over to the pond to do some fishing.  I got to be in charge of handing out the worms.  I laughed so hard when I saw this saying on the container.

“Our worms catch fish or die trying!”

IMG_8793 Papa was so good about going back & forth between the kids to help them reel in fish, bait their hooks, take hooks out of the fish’s mouths, etc.

IMG_8806 Uncle Robert was also super patient and kind w/ all of them, too.  I hope these kids know how lucky they are!!!

IMG_8807 Since I got to hand out the worms, I had a little fun w/ this one.  I held it up and it was kind of like a bungee cord.  It would shrink up and the contract.  I didn’t know that it was so close to my mouth!  EWW!

IMG_8809 I had to get a picture of the 2 Johnson brothers doing what Grandma Johnson taught them to do…educate & love.  I imagine her smiling down from Heaven when she sees her posterity spending time together like this and making great memories & strengthening our bonds.

IMG_8810 Even though we were in the shade, I got sunburnt on my face & arms b/c we were out there for so long.  We finally packed everyone up, and since it was close to dinner time by this point, we stopped at McDonald’s and got everyone something to eat and let the kids have a potty break before we hit the road.  I thought for sure that the kids would fall asleep, but they didn’t at all.  Andrew as in the back being a cool gangsta’ dude as we jammed out to some fun songs.  LOL!

IMG_8815 I had to snap a picture of this beautiful apricot tree in Mr. Jim’s yard.  When we left this morning, it had just a few blossoms here & there.  When we got back, it was full of blossoms!  This is one of the reasons that Spring is my favorite time of year.  It’s so full of life and beauty.

IMG_8818 After we got home, Dad wanted to make some Dutch oven cobbler, so Lexie & I ran to WalMart to get some cake mix & pie filling.  It was fun to escape and have some alone sister time.

IMG_8820 Even though this picture is a little blurry, I had to include it b/c I love how you can see the glowing charcoal.  The bottom got a little too done and was burned, but the rest of it was super tasty, especially when we put a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.

IMG_8822 While it was cooking, I ran around the backyard w/ the kids and we had a great time.  They climbed up on the fort and pretended like I was an evil queen and they had to try and escape.  I made them come sit on the steps so we could get the usual cousin picture.

IMG_8830We had a lot of extra cobbler, so we told Curt to come over and get some.  I didn’t realize how late it was (9:30), so I asked if someone could take us home.  I didn’t have my car b/c Lexie & Jon had come and picked us up at our house so we could just go in their van.  Curt said he would take us home in Mary’s convertible b/c the top was off.  I totally took him up on that offer b/c I’ve always wanted to ride in a convertible.  I had him snap this pic of us and even though it’s blurry, I’m totally including it (look at how sunburnt my face is).  It was SO FUN to ride home in style.  We don’t get very many nice Spring days like this, so I’m trying to soak them up and enjoy them while I can.

No comments: