CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Open House & Happy Birthday Mary

P1090289 Today after work it was go, go, go.  I stopped at the $1 Store on the way home to get some balloons, but they were all out.  I called 3 other $1 Stores and they were all out too.  UGH!  Anyways, I picked up Autumn from daycare and we parked and walked over to her school for her Open House.  It was fun to sit at her table w/ her while she showed me some of the things she’s been working on at school.  This was a cute cowgirl she drew out in the hall.

P1090290 She really wanted to go to the Book Fair that they had set up, so we walked over there.  It was in a small room and it was PACKED!  I let Autumn pick one book b/c we’ve been talking about it all week and she earned the points for it through good behavior, being good at school, chores, etc.

We stopped at WalMart to get a few groceries and then we went home.  We sat down on the couch together to read her new book.  I opened her school folder to sign it and was shocked to find an orange dot.  That’s a bad thing, b/c that means her teacher had to ask her multiple times to listen.  So, I had to take her new book away since had lied to me by saying she had been good at school.  In the past it would have been a huge fight, but w/ this new parenting style she knew that she had made a bad choice and she didn’t fight me when I had to put her book away.  We had a little chat about how she can earn it back and then moved onto something else.  It was amazing how smoothly it went.

IMG_0740 It’s Mary’s birthday today and I wanted to surprise her at her college class tonight, but I had to be at a JustServe meeting.  So, I went and dropped the stuff off at Karri’s house and she went over and surprised Mary.  I totally used a Project Life card to write her a note b/c I keep some blank ones in my purse at all times.  I filled this big mug w/ Rolos and mini Reeses cups.  The note said, “You are worth your weight in GOLD and we VALUE your friendship so much.  Happy Birthday.”  The JustServe meeting went well, and as soon as I got home at 9:20 I went straight to bed b/c I was so tired.  I need to start going to bed earlier b/c right now I’m only getting about 6 to 7 hours of sleep and it catches up w/ me after a few days.

No comments: