CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Single Adult Conference Saturday

P1090388 Today was a big regional single adult conference about an hour away, so I dropped Autumn off at Mom & Dad’s at 9:00 and headed off to the conference.  They had an opening speaker, and then we had the option of going to 4 different workshops.  The first one I went to was called “For the Strength of Single Adults.”  We talked about how we can apply the “For the Strength of YOUth” principles to our lives.  It was a really great workshop.

Then I went to one about the Atonement and it was incredibly insightful.  I love going to the workshops, b/c it’s more of a discussion and I like hearing what other single adults think.  After these workshops (which were each an hour long), it was lunchtime.  They had these super good brisket BBQ sandwiches w/ potato salad & a green salad & cookies.  The theme of the conference was “Arise & Shine Forth,” so the table centerpieces were these bright & cheerful daisies in Mason jars.

P1090398 They also had a photo booth type set up where we could take pictures.  I LOVE this background that looks like rays of sun.  It was just yellow paper covered by orange fabric.  We had a lot of fun and were laughing super hard while taking various silly pictures.

sa fireside After lunch we had more workshops that we could attend.  I went to one on dating, and then one on covenants.  Both were excellent.  For the 3rd hour, we could go to activity workshops like photography, exercising at home, container gardening, etc.  I went to the photography one and it was good.  For dinner they had fajitas catered by a company called El Guapo’s, and they were DELICIOUS!  One of the ladies at my table told me to put a daisy in my hair and took this cute picture for me.

For the keynote & final speaker, we got to hear from Gifford Nielsen.  He was a quarterback for BYU & then the Houston Oilers.  His talk was incredibly wonderful.  By this time it was 7:30 and I wasn’t going to stay for the dance, b/c I’m not a big dance person.  But, the ladies from my ward talked me into staying, plus there was one cute guy there that I wanted to dance with.  I called Autumn to see how she was doing, and b/c I missed her so much from being away from her all day.  She said she had a great day and was having fun w/ Papa & Mimi.  Mom said she could spend the night w/ them and that I should stay for the dance, so I did.  It was a lot of fun, but I was starting to drag by 10:00, plus I still had an hour ride to get home and I needed to get some groceries, so I left.

I’m so glad I was able to go to this conference and that Mom & Dad were able to watch Autumn for me.  I feel so spiritually well fed.

No comments: