CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston Marathon Bombings

P1090624I was at work today when I heard the news that a bomb (it was actually 2 separate bombs) has gone off at the Boston Marathon finish line!  I immediately texted Sis. Lee, b/c her sister is running in the marathon and I knew she was going to be there.  I didn’t hear back from her for a few harrowing hours, but she finally texted back that her sister had finished the race about 30 minutes before the bombs went off.  She said they were a block from the explosions and felt it!

I couldn’t tear myself away from the internet and then the news tonight when I got home.  I paused the nightly news to take this picture.  There’s also some professional pictures on this site.

mr rogers I’ve seen this quote from Mr. Rogers floating around Pinterest a lot.  It really sums up the whole tragedy of today.  The good outweighs the bad.  So many stories of heroism have emerged.  I also liked this quote from Gandhi, “Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”  So many thoughts and prayers and love sent to Boston!!!

No comments: