CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Doughnuts, Friendship Bracelets, Pool Equipment & A Mouse

IMG_9272 This morning I was in that space between sleep and being awake when I heard my front door open and then I heard a man’s voice.  I was semi-alarmed b/c I knew in the back of my mind that it was Saturday, but I was still kind of groggy.  I rolled over to look at the clock, saw it was 7:30, and then I saw Andrew standing next to my bed!  Papa & Andrew had come to get Autumn so they could go get doughnuts together.  I helped her get ready and then went back to bed for an hour.  It was so nice!  I finally got up, got cleaned up, and went over to Mom & Dad’s. 

The kids were all outside “helping” Dad plant some flowers and shrubs.  This is not the best pic ever, b/c the 2 boys aren’t looking at me & Autumn looks mad even though she wasn’t.  But, I love this pic b/c they were all in jackets (or a vest) of his that were way too big.  Plus, it shows Dad in the background and I also got some accidental sun flare.

IMG_9276 Dad went crazy w/ the doughnut purchase b/c we had a lot left over after we had all eaten our fill.  So, he told Curt to come over and get some.  Jessie & Avery came w/ him.  Autumn talked Jessie into reading her a book.  Such a cute pic!  I’m so glad that we have such a good & close relationship w/ them.  We’d do anything for them and vice versa.

IMG_9280 After lunch, Lexie taught Autumn how to make a friendship bracelet.  It was all going great until Autumn did 6 knots instead of 5.  We told her it doesn’t matter, but she was done b/c her perfectionist side took over.  Lexie’s so patient and loving and such a sweet Aunt.

IMG_9286 Bro. Burns came over to see if he could fix our pool equipment.  It’s been having issues and the part he needed finally came in.  He said that he needed some help, so he had Lexie climb up on top of the filter so he could put the thing back together.  Then Mom was helping to hand him the tools he needed.  It was all pretty comical and this picture of Lexie looking at me like, “what the heck am I doing up here?” makes me laugh!  There was one small part that had a kink in it, and it caused the whole thing to leak like sieve, so he’ll have to get a new one and come fix it on Monday.

IMG_9274 The pump & filter have been broken for about a week, and the pool is getting nasty since the water hasn’t been circulating!  You can’t really tell in this pic, but it’s a lot more cloudy than usual and there’s a film on top of the water.  It helps that the weather’s been on the cooler side instead of being hot.  Hopefully Bro. Burns can get it up and running soon. 

IMG_9287Anyways, we had a fun day just hanging out w/ Lexie & the boys.  We had crock pot spaghetti for dinner and watched part of the new History channel Bible series on DVD.  I had only seen the episodes of Christ’s life, so it was cool to see the earlier episodes.  The ones I’ve seen so far are awesome.

Autumn & I came home so we could get up in the morning and get ready for church.  I was standing hear the cabinet getting a drink of water when I felt something hitting my foot.  I looked down and it was this baby mouse’s tail hitting my foot!  I let out a little yell and jumped back b/c I surprised me.  He was moving, but he didn’t get up and run away.  I got a paper plate and used the side of a wooden skewer to push him onto the paper plate.  It looked like his leg or back was broken!  It was SO SAD!  I took him outside and gently laid him down in the bushes.  It would have been more humane to kill him and put him out of his misery, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it.

When Nick got home from work, I told him to go out there and look at it.  He went to look, but the mouse was gone.  Poor little guy!  What a sad way to end such a fun Saturday.

No comments: