CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 22, 2013

Hilarious Story About Autumn, The Sleepwalker

Mom wasn’t feeling good today when I called her after work to see what the plan was.  So, Autumn & I just did our own thing.  We stopped at Subway to get a sandwich, and then went home to eat b/c we had chips and drinks at home.  Can I just say what  RIP OFF the ham & turkey breast sandwich is?  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Subway, but will never ever get that sandwich again!  The ham sandwich is $5 for a foot long.  The ham & turkey is $6.75! Yep, just to have 4 thin slices of turkey breast instead of ham makes the sandwich $1.75 more.  That makes each slice of thin turkey 43.75 cents more expensive than a slice of ham.  I can see if it was double the meat or something like that, but it’s not.  Anyways, I was not happy about that, and will never be ordering that again.

P1090656We got home, ate our dinner, talked about our days, and then I gave Autumn a shower b/c she was a “super stinky smell bad Johnson.”  I told her that after her shower she could watch a movie.  She picked Babes in Toyland, which was fitting since we LOVE Annette Funicello and she passed away 2 weeks ago (April 8th).  So, it was kind of in honor of her that we watched this great film she’s in.  Anyways, since Autumn’s hair was wet and we were just going to be sitting there watching a movie, we decided it would be fun to put curlers in her hair so it can be curly tomorrow.

P1090658 I have such great memories of sitting and doing the same thing…watching movies while my Mom would put the big pink foam curlers in my hair.

P1090660 Anyways, after the movie was over at 8:00, I put her to bed and then sat at the kitchen table and worked on editing pics and blogging.  About 9:30, I heard her wake up and start crying.  I’ve suspected for a while that she sleep walks, but what she did tonight definitely confirmed it.  She came into the living room and looked dazed and confused.  Usually I would tell her to go back to bed, but this time I just stayed quiet and watched her. 

She went into the kitchen, got a cup off the counter, and proceeded to walk over to the pantry door.  I hurried and grabbed my camera to try and capture what she was doing.  She put her cup underneath the light switch, and flipped it up and down.

P1090661She did that a few times and couldn’t figure out why there was no water coming out!!!  She looked into her cup, tried taking a drink of nothing, then she opened the pantry door and looked around in there to see where all the water was.  I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud, b/c I wanted to see what else she would do!  She finally turned and looked at me and started crying and saying she wanted some water.  I walked her over to the fridge and helped her get a drink and then sent her back to bed.

I HAD to call Mom & Dad and tell them about it b/c it was SO STINKIN’ FUNNY!  I told them and was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks.  After I told them, I had to call and tell Aunt Jana b/c she appreciates funny stories like this.  So, it’s official that Autumn is a sleep walker.  I’ll have to look into putting some locks on the front door up high where she can’t reach them if it gets any worse!

No comments: