CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Croods Made Me Cry

IMG_9241 Today I slept in until 9:00, b/c Autumn had spent the night over at Mom & Dad’s.  It was SO NICE to sleep in!!!  I got cleaned up, went over to Mom & Dad’s house, Mom gave Dad & Nick haircuts, and we ate breakfast.  Then Mom & Nick & Autumn & I went and saw The Croods.  It was a STELLAR movie!  I totally had tears running down my cheeks a few different times in the movie.  It’s so heart warming and just drives home the point that the interpersonal issues in a family don’t change over time and that families are so important.  Autumn & I had to stop and get a pic on the way out of the theater.

IMG_9243 We went to Chipotle for lunch and Dad called Mom to tell her that he’d passed his peds test he took a few weeks ago.  We’re so happy for him and proud of him!  He won’t have to take it ever again b/c it’s good for 7 years.

IMG_9246After that, we went back to Mom & Dad’s house to just relax and have fun.  Mom had been cleaning out a closet upstairs and found a paper bag full of these old puppets that we used to have as kids back when we lived in Germany.  I remember they were kind of creepy, especially the devil one!!!  Autumn had fun playing w/ them and doing a puppet show for us.

P1090622-001 Dad got home from work and went right outside to do some yard work.  I felt bad and wanted to help him, b/c we had just had fun and laid around all day.  So, Autumn & I went out and mowed the front yard together.  Yes, I mowed the lawn in my flip flops!  I love it when Autumn wears this hat while doing yard work.  It makes her seem so grown up & also like a tom boy at the same time.

We finally left after dinner and went to the store to get some groceries.  I had to make a treat for the Single Adult Fireside tomorrow night.  I have been thinking about this PHENOMENAL tropical cake that we used to make all the time.  We haven’t been able to find the recipe, so we finally busted out the address book and called our friend Jody from back when we were in the military.  She had the recipe, and it was even in Mom’s handwriting on the recipe card that Mom had given her all those years ago!  I was practically doing a happy dance around the living room!

After we went to WalMart and got the stuff for that, we went to the $1 Store to get a treat for my lesson in Young Women’s tomorrow.  Then we ran next door to Ross just to peruse and see what they had.  I ended up getting a maxi dress (my very first one) that is SUPER flattering for just $9.99!  LOVE IT!  Today was a great Saturday of spending time w/ family.  We said as soon as we walked out of the movie that we’ll have to go see it again and FOR SURE buy it when it comes out on DVD b/c it’s that good!

No comments: