CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 13, 2013

Perfectly Imperfect Pictures

IMG_0887 I am currently OBSESSED w/ these pictures that Mom got in the mail a few weeks ago.  They are just photo copies of the originals, and I took a picture of the photocopy w/ my iPhone, which is why they aren’t the highest quality looking pictures.  Also, Grandpa Jay isn’t looking at the camera.  But WHO CARES???  I LOVE that it’s a picture I have never seen before of my grandparents.  How old were they when this was taken? Were they dressed up to go somewhere special, or was this just after a regular Sunday after church?  Who took the picture?

IMG_0889 This original picture was overexposed in the upper left hand corner, but WHO CARES?  This is a picture of them walking down the street in Las Vegas.  I would love to know the details of what they were doing there, who they were with, how thought to stop and take this picture of them walking?

IMG_0888 This one has to be my favorite.  It’s super grainy, the original has a bad reflection off of Rufio’s glasses, but WHO CARES?  It shows Rufio at work when she used to work at the phone company.  I think this might be the only picture we have that shows such a big part of her life.

All of these pictures have what some would consider “flaws”, but those flaws are what make these pictures so endearing and special to me.  It’s a good reminder to myself that not every picture has to be perfect.  People don’t always have to be smiling or looking at the camera.  The lighting doesn’t always have to be just right, etc.  It makes me wonder what my kids, grandkids, great grandkids, etc will think of the pictures I take?  Which ones will be their favorites?

No comments: